Amazing Response - I hope you all agree!

(I have chosen not to name the person in question to avoid any difficult situations and to ensure what should be a memorable meeting isn't compromised.)

Just wanted to express my happiness at the letter I received today.

I have been collecting signed action figures for many years now and have contacted many actors/actresses through the mail trying to add to my growing collection. The letter I received today was as a direct result of one of these requests.

3 weeks ago I sent a letter asking this particular Star Wars cast member asking if I were to send them an action figure whether they could sign it and return it to me. Today I received a response which went a little like this...

"Thanks for your letter. As I live in a town very near to where you live how would you like to meet up and I'll sign your items in person" !!!!!!!!

I couldn't believe the generosity of this cast member! I have already had contact with the said person via email and hope to arrange a meeting within the next few weeks.

AMAZING!!!

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
That's very lucky for you and very generous of the cast member.

Just don't forget to take along a truck full of the items to be signed so that you can later sell them on eBay. ;)

A truck load of items! I don't think so!

I will not be taking advantage of a cast members generosity. This meeting is purely for me to add to MY collection and any thought of selling anything on Ebay is far from my mind. I AM A GENUINE COLLECTOR NOT A SELLER!

Jedi_Joel

Agent
ellie_cowell;81261 said:
A truck load of items! I don't think so!

I will not be taking advantage of a cast members generosity. This meeting is purely for me to add to MY collection and any thought of selling anything on Ebay is far from my mind. I AM A GENUINE COLLECTOR NOT A SELLER!
I think you need to calm down a little bit, because all Buzz was doing was joking with you, not implying you were not a collector. Hence the ;)

Apologies all round. Perhaps I did take this the wrong way! I, as I'm sure many collectors who post here do, hate people who take a person's kind nature and use it for there own personal gain! As already posted on this site certain people won't sign through the mail or limit their signatures for this very reason.

Again, sorry if my post caused any offence.

Holla300

The Best Bounty
Amazing! Actors who appreciate their fans are great!
Hope you do meet the person and have fun!

I have to agree. It's so good when these cast members who starred in the films we all love, appreciate the role of us fan's.

If anyone is interested a full report on my meeting with this particular cast member will follow in the not too distant future.

Holla300

The Best Bounty
ellie_cowell;81268 said:
I have to agree. It's so good when these cast members who starred in the films we all love, appreciate the role of us fan's.

If anyone is interested a full report on my meeting with this particular cast member will follow in the not too distant future.
:D Can't wait to here how it goes! I have a pretty good idea but I will keep my mouth shut! :p

jedibill

New Recruit
darthskellington;81276 said:
Sounds great! Don't forget to take a camera in case they are willing to pose for a picture or two.

Good luck on your meeting! Hope all goes well! Looking forward to hearing about it. Definetely take a camera to record the event.

My meeting with....

MIKE EDMONDS

Today I got to meet one of the nicest men you would ever wish to meet. Mike Edmonds known to us all as Logray, Ugnaught and Jabbas Tail had, after I requested he sign an action figure for me through the mail agreed to meet me, as we lived less than 30 minutes away from one another, this meeting took place today. We met in a bar overlooking the sea and chatted for about an hour on all things Star Wars and the life Mike had experienced as a result of his involvement with the films. Conversation flowed as we talked about his fellow cast members, his travels across the globe attending conventions, his time on set, the other roles he has enjoyed - Time Bandits and Flash Gordon to name just a couple, and most touching of all his desire to give us fans 'almost' everything we ask of him. He gladly signed my action figures and poster, posed for some photos and even offered to help me obtain any signatures that I may be missing! We browsed through photo's of my signed figures and Mike had a story to tell about virtually every cast member I had in my collection! We shared a drink and during the time we spent chatting I realised that this man was a true gentleman and a true fans favourite!

Mike Edmonds a fantastic man - Thank you so much.

Attachments

• MikeEdmonds1 LR.jpg
    MikeEdmonds1 LR.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 363
  • MikeEdmonds4 LR.jpg
    MikeEdmonds4 LR.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 361
  • MikeEdmonds2 LR.jpg
    MikeEdmonds2 LR.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 368

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
WOW! :eek: All I can say is WOW! :eek: I never even thought that it would be Mike Edmonds! That truly is a memorable experiance that you probably won't soon forget! :D I wrote to Mike last year and just like you said, he did everything I asked him which was signing all my items! To make it even greater he sent one if his own photos too! I hope I ge the chance to one meet him and thank him for all he's done!

Now just out of curiousity, did you pay for both you drink and his as well? :D I also didn't know he was left-handed! So am I! And I must say he still looks very young & healthy by the photos you included! Long live Mike!! LOL!

Thanks for letting us all know about this wonderful time! It's been very fun!

RYAN-J :D

Buying Mike a coffee was the least I could do! Mike did explain that he had a spinal operation about three years ago and is still suffering somewhat. He joked that when he, Dave Prowse and Peter Mayhew are together there isn't a fit one between them! Forgot to mention in my last post we discussed this fantastic forum, and since our meeting I have emailed Mike with the link. Hopefully, he'll being joining us!:)

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
How cool. :) Well if your reading this Mr. Edmonds, I just want to say thank you for all the things you've done for us fans with attending conventions and signing Autographs. I hope I get the honor of meeting you in-peron someday like ellie! :D

RYAN-J