A Freighterload of Star Wars News

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
From IGN ...........

Star Wars fans have been hit with a barrage of Episode III news and rumors over the last 24 hours. One of the most interesting reports comes by way of AICN. It's a description of an intriguing scene that takes place between C-3PO and Anakin.

Apparently, Anakin's brutal duel with Count Dooku in the early part of the film leaves him with grievous injuries, including the loss of one or more limbs and body parts. Threepio, in a remarkable display of generosity, offers the use of some of his parts as robotic prosthetics. That's right, some of Vader's mechanical pieces were donated by the shiny protocol droid! It certainly adds extra meaning to his words when Threepio offers his parts for the repair of Artoo in A New Hope.

And with all the duels, gunfights, and space battles going on, even Palpatine himself will get in on the action. Actor Ian McDiarmid told Teletext that his role in Episode III was a much more lively one than in the previous two films.

"You'd imagine that my character has been rather deskbound in the past but this time he will get to take part in the action. I can't give the story away as George Lucas would kill me but I have been engaged in far more physical activities than any of the other films.

"I have found myself sliding down chutes at speed and landing on heaps of rubber, it's been a completely new experience for me. I haven't had to go down the gym to get fit for the scenes but I did need a few rehearsals to get up to speed."

McDiarmid adds that most of his scenes involve Anakin, no doubt as their growing master-apprentice relationship turns the young Jedi into Darth Vader.

Samuel L. Jackson revealed this week that his Episode III scenes were so rigorous, he injured himself at one point performing his role. This comes from someone who interviewed Jackson, by way of the Film Rotation website:

"I can tell you that [Jackson] has made at least 3 trips to Australia for more filming, and that he injured his back needing surgery as a result according to the rep. She again mentioned that Sam stated that he would not go out a punk and would go out in a blaze of glory."

Also in the news today, the official Star Wars website apparently posted, by accident, an unlisted page summarizing in point form all of this fall's Clone Wars episodes. The page has since been removed, but here's the list:

1 Montage of various battles featuring Jedi and clone. Obi-Wan and Anakin get assignment.

2 Battle of Muunilinst.

3 Republic Gunship down, clone trooper story

4 Durge turns the tide and his IG lancers turn the tide.

5 Kit Fisto on Mon Calamari

6 Ventress fights on Rattatak

7 Ventress challenges to Dooku

8 Obi-Wan's Lancers vs Durge's IGs

9 The capture of San Hill. Durge makes another stand.

10 Blank

11 Anakin chases after Asajj Ventress. The battle hits the streets of Muunilinst.

12 Mace Windu on Dantooine. Faces the behemoth stamping tank.

13 Mace continues to face the droid armies without his lightsaber.

14 Barriss and Luminara defend Ilum from mine-laying droids.

15 Yoda, with Padmé, R2, and C-3PO go to Ilum. Yoda fights the mine-laying droids.

16 Padmé and the droids go off in search of Yoda. After fighting battle droid, Yoda and the other Jedi emerge.

17 Anakin follows Ventress to Yavin 4. A contingent of clone troopers arrive but the troopers are systematically disposed of by Ventress. Anakin's ship is destroyed.

18 Anakin duels Ventress through the Yavin 4 jungles.

19 Anakin duels Ventress atop a Massassi temple. He ultimately defeats her.

20 Grievous fights the Jedi.

The list includes some placenames we heard in the first trilogy – Dantooine, Mon Calamari, Yavin 4 – and gives more clues to the events of Episode III.

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
So Anakin is the one that takes out Dooku?

that is gonna be hard to make look convincing...

Barada

Saboteur
Why am I reading spoilers now? :toed:

I've avoided it for the first two prequels, but can't resist now. Anyway, Anakin will most likely have some kind of help, probably from Palpatine, although it's possible that that early in the film it could be Obi-Wan. Palpatine makes more sense, as it can establish the close bond between them, as Palpy saves his life and brings him back to power.

Anakin must defeat Dooku, and will probably be the one to take out someone big such as Mace Windu, because they have to establish the skinny kid as being able to be a major, uh, 'Force'.

Barada