$2.99 Ephant Mon at KB Toys!

I got this announcement today from REBELSCUM.COM:

"Looks like there is a ray of light for all the collectors that were left in the dark when the much anticipated Fan Choice Ephant Mon figure slipped away unexpectedly from shelves across the planet. Seems that everything Hasbro has told us about its availability was true, as it is now showing up in large quantities at KB Toy stores all over the US with the ridiculously low price of $2.99 each! Considering the demand for this figure, we encourage all collectors to adhere to the Collect To Collect Code Of Honor, and hopefully this time around every collector who needs this figure will be able to get it without supporting scalpers."

So let's hit those KB Toys in your area, and if anyone gets lucky and finds a couple of them, and is willing to sell it to me for same $2.99 + Tax + shipping, please send me a PM since I still need Ephant Mon, but have not been able to go out shopping. I was in the hospital from 08/22/04 until 08/30/04, and I have been resting at home per Dr.'s orders.

"May The Force Be With You"

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Hey chilaquil66, sorry to hear you've been unwell. I hope the current rest is having the desired effect.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
unfortunately, all of the kb stores in my area closed.

on a similar note.... kbtoys.com has J'quille listed as available for $6. they listed him the other day and i placed an order, got the confirmation email and then a day later got an email saying the order was cancelled due to unavailability.

i'm trying again, so we'll see what happenes this time.

Barada

Saboteur
This news should make a ton of collectors very happy.

On a side not, are you feeling better chilaquil? I hope it wasn't too serious.

Barada

My friends in the Miami area have told me they have not had any luck finding Ephant Mon yet, but we'll keep looking. If anyone finds any, and is willing to sell me one at same cost + shipping, please send me a PM, I would love to finally get my hands on Ephant Mon.

In a separate note: I really appreciate the concern about my health from Darth Boru and Barada, it was really serious, since I got 3 blood clogs in my lungs. I was having deep chest pains and was not able to breath on Sunday 08/22/04, but thank God I was able to drive myself to the Emergency parking lot at Baptist Hospital, and they were able to save me. I spent 9 days in the hospital, and now I am taking anti-coagulants for life, checking my blood level weekly, and staying away from activities that can make me cut or hurt myself. This experience made me realize that we have to be thankful for every day we live, and to try and live each day to it's fullest.

May The Force Be With You... Always

Yoda Man

New Recruit
I was lucky enough to snag one when they first came out, but am looking for an extra to open. If I see more than one when I'm shopping I'll let you know.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I got a "Ephant Mon" ages ago too (one of very few to arrive down here thanks to Hasbro's idiotic packging system), but as always I opened it up straight away. I did the same with my "R2 with Holo Leia".

Jedi Freezeman

Infiltrator
I made a special run to a KB Toy works about 45 minute north of me (all KB's closed in Wisconsin that I'm aware of) They had figures, but no Ephant Mon :(

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
the few people that i know that still have kbtoy stores near them have also come up emprty handed.

on the subjedt of kbtoys.com having j'quille listed as available .... they sent me another email today saying that the order had been cancelled due to no invetory and yet they still list him as "in stock" ... you may check that out here and see if you have any better luck.

Barada

Saboteur
chilaquil66 said:
In a separate note: I really appreciate the concern about my health from Darth Boru and Barada, it was really serious, since I got 3 blood clogs in my lungs. I was having deep chest pains and was not able to breath on Sunday 08/22/04, but thank God I was able to drive myself to the Emergency parking lot at Baptist Hospital, and they were able to save me. I spent 9 days in the hospital, and now I am taking anti-coagulants for life, checking my blood level weekly, and staying away from activities that can make me cut or hurt myself. This experience made me realize that we have to be thankful for every day we live, and to try and live each day to it's fullest.

Jose,

I know how you feel. About one year ago, I suffered a severe asthma attack that left me with no air in excess of two minutes. That may not sound like much, but it is scary as hell not being able to inhale, and I damn near passed out. Needless to say, I was also hospitalized, but only for three days.

Although our conditions were different, it seems that the end result was the same, and let me tell you first hand that it won't take long for the meds to become so routine you will hardly even think of it.

Sorry to everyone else who reads this post thinking they're only reading news about cheap Ephant Mon's, but this was a pretty serious matter.

Ironic that a thread about cheap toys contains posts about the more important things in life. ;)

Barada

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Hey guys,

Sounds like more than a few of us have more in common that just SW. Twas many years ago now, but I had a similar experience in hospital. I was undergoing routine tests for something or other (forget what now), one of which was to place some dye in my lungs so they could xray them. I had a severe reaction to the dye and my lungs simply froze. Not pleasant, lemmee tell ya, but being revived was far worse - that REALLY hurt! Apparently I was 'at one with the force' for a little over 2 minutes, being brought back by a massive dose of adrenalin (last shot etc). I recovered really quickly and have had no real ill effects ever since. In fact, after that I never had asthma, hayfever or any allergy whatsoever (I had quite a few as a kid!), so sometimes these things happen for the best.

Sorry to take this thread even more away from cheap toys, but indeed, sometimes we need to remember they are just toys and a great many other things are far more important.

I hope everything setles back to normal as quickly as possible Chilaquil.

PS. If anyone has read this far down.....I wouldn't mind an Ephant either ;)

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
My brither had adolescent asthma, and my pops only has one lung, so I know about lung problems, if not directly. I am glad that you are well and with us...

btw, you might want to talk to your doc about avoiding the cold if you're stuck on anti-coags Chil... A friends mother had 2 strokes, the latter one fatal, as a result of anti-coags, as part of her cancer-fighting cocktail, mixed with cold snaps... and it can get pretty chilly on the dark side of the moon...

Hi all,

I have a group of friends checking the 4 KB Toys that are still opened in the Miami area, but no one has been able to find Ephant Mon yet. I have also been checking KBToys.com on-line, but no luck either. Per AmShak's post on his experience with KBToys on-line, I hope that if they ever list Ephant Mon as available on-line, that it would be really available. We will keep looking for Ephant Mon, and if we get some, I will post it.

I want to thank Barada, Darth Boru, and Zepp for your posts sharing similar health problems and concerns, as well as your good wishes and recommendations. I feel very lucky knowing that besides being Star Wars Collectors, we are also concerned about each others well being. The anti-coagulant medicine (warfarin sodium) that I have to take every day, is a "double bladed" medicine. On one side, it prevents more blood clogs from forming in the lungs, legs, liver, and brain, which is good to avoid another Pulmonary Emboli (that is what I had, and believe you me, not being able to breath is the worst experience I have ever had). On the other side, if it is not regulated frequently, and the anti-coagulation level is too high, it can also be very toxic and dangerous. I have to have my blood drawn weekly because of that. I have to stay away from regular activities that I was used to do before, and I have to avoid sharp objects or being cut. The Lung Tests and X-rays are very uncomfortable too. In one of them, they inject a radioactive substance in your blood to be able to see the inside of your lungs.

As Barada said, I am sure that with time, the meds, the blood drawn, the other medical tests, and the new Life Style will be part of my Life's routine. I want to let you all know, that after this experience, I am now thankful for "every breath I take". Thank You all for your advise and concern, and I wish you all to always have good Health.

May The Force Be With You ...Always.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
chilaquil66 said:
In one of them, they inject a radioactive substance in your blood to be able to see the inside of your lungs.

Thats the test they did on me that went all wrong! At least youdidn't have my problem on top of your own, that would have made the diagnosis as bad as the problem! Small mercies, eh?

Well, to quote a parallel universe :-

Live Long and Prosper!!

Hi all,

No Ephan Mons in any of the KB Toys in the Miami area yet. With the next hurricane approaching (Ivan), and the prior (Frances), I guess we are not getting much stuff down here in South Florida at the moment. I will keep posting with any news.

Darthskelington: Thank you kindly for your warm healthy wishes. I am stable now thank God.

Darth Boru: We know those Lung Tests are terrible!; As you said, thank God I had no complications with the tests on top of everything else. I have to go through another of the same Lung Test on 10/01/04, and maybe monthy testing until the blood clogs are not at a dangerous level.

By the way, I love the "Live Long and Prosper" saying from Star Trek. I always thought that would be very cool to have some Vulcans in the Star Wars Universe, specially if they are as smart and cool as Spock, or as smart and good looking as T-Pal from Enterprise right?

Thank You. "May The Force Be With You".

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
hehe, could you just imagine Spock as a Jedi? Great thought.

"But Master Yoda, opening a can of whoopass is illogical!"

What would happen if Vulcan's experienced 'Pon Faar' (or however you spell it) during battle....that could get messy!

I hope all goes well with the tests and meds Chilaquil, our thoughts are with you.

Yep, Darth Boru's idea of "Master Jedi Spock" sounds cool. LOL. I appreciate your kindly thoughts.

As far as finding Ephant Mon: Since there have been no Ephant Mons in the KB Toys in the Miami area so far, we visited 4 KB Toys in the Broward area this past weekend; However, we did not find any Ephant Mons there either. We'll keep looking and post back with any news. Please keep me in mind if you ever find a $2.99 Ephant Mon that you are willing to sell me.

MTFBWY

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
No Luck in finding an Ephant Mon in stores near here (there are no SW anything to be found near here!), but I did see a few going on ebay for not too much. Might be worth a shot?

No Ephant Mons in my KB Toys yet. Yep, I have noticed several Ephant Mon auctions on eBay latelly. I guess the sellers did find them on KB Toys after all. Not a bad deal for scalpers. I will keep looking just in case.