1 year

I've officially been here for 1 year now (patting my own back).

I was hoping to have reached 1000 posts, but without padding it hasn't been easy.

I joined TBS being my second Star Wars fan site after Alltroops. Its been a great year and I recall many fine moments......

:) I joined during the last USC and almost found all the links.

:) Found Coruscant Costa and thought he was fiesty and crazy for such a small Ewok. Now he has grown to over 6 ft.

:) I'm sure AmShak remembers me PMing him constantly with crazy ideas and requests for help. I knew nothing about computers back then and can proudly say that now I almost know nothing.

:) Sat back and tried to figure out where in the world Buzz Bumble came from with all the wierd links and pictures he comes up with.

:) Started the Hasbro Points threads thinking we could change the world and maybe contributed to that concept in a minor way.

:) I tried to start The Raffle Club with limitted success and put it on hold until we had more risky vintage members.

:) I went to the States for business and drove back 2 hours north to meet cplfreezer. He was very accomodating and had a fantastic collection room.

:) You know it took me 6 months to figure out Wookiee Cookiee's avatar was Padme in a cowboy hat.....and that Alf was a girl....and they knew Freezer personally.....and......

It has been a fun year and after watching contest after contest go by and contributing in so many fine posts by our group I can proudly say that it was time well spent. I look forward to this next year at TBS.

I'd like to thank the staff and regulars for being so accomodating and all the help they've given me. Its been a blast!

Barada

Saboteur
Congrats Chris.

Geez, you make it sound like we've been some sort of life-altering experience for you.

What's this about a Raffle Club? Sounds like something I must have missed when my computer was dead last year.

We all wonder where Buzz comes up with his stuff ;)

It seems like CC may have gone AWOL. Maybe after that rapid growth he had some kind of accident? (lack of oxygen?) :D

We look forward to another year of your presence.

Barada

The Raffle Club (TRC) was a deep concept that almost worked. We just needed a few more people. Its buried somewhere in the GD forum around last march. If you don't dig it up to check it out I might get around to it one of these days.

It had alot of information in it so explaining it would take too long. I might revive the concept up in the future. Just a few more people.

It was while you were out.;)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Glad you're having a blast Chris :) You know, you're our favorite smuggling droid here at the Spy :p

It took me a while to figure everything out here too, and I still don't have everything straight. We should just be glad the Spy is a relatively normal site. I'm sure there are plenty of sites where the mysteries are "Who's claiming to be a girl, but is really a guy, but in actuality is a federal agent posing as a Trandoshan" :p

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Awww, I remember Padme in the cowboy hat, that was a nifty avatar. :D

I don't know cplfreezer personally though... I don't even think I know him impersonally. :cool:

Glad you've enjoyed your stay here.