1 Stupid R2

Discussion in 'Trading' started by chris solo, Jan 29, 2006.

  1. chris solo

    chris solo Agent

    I'm looking for the POTF II Green card R2-d2 without hologram. Just your plain basic carded fig. Email or Pm is fine. Thanks

  2. Barada

    Barada Saboteur

    Chris, there's an easy way to get this.

    Buy a regular stickered version, and gently apply heat from a hair dryer to the sticker. Slowly peel the sticker off as the glue melts, and if you take your time, you'll have a perfect non-stickered R2.

    It's the exact same figure. No printed or other variations. The sticker is 100% of the difference.

    I had a friend who wanted every single variant, and bought two of every stickered figure so he could apply this method and get one without a sticker.

    Good luck.

  3. chris solo

    chris solo Agent

    Thanks B,

    I thought about it and figured I might end up leaving some residue. You did enlighten me that there are no other differences. I was wondering if there was a S/N change.
  4. Barada

    Barada Saboteur

    If there is any residue, go to Wal-Mart or Canadian Tire and buy some Goo-Gone. A little rubbing alcohol would work as well. Don't soak it, just enough to dampen the residue, and it'll wipe off very clean.

  5. AmShak

    AmShak Senior Moderator Staff Member

    that goo-gone is great stuff. i have used it on several items and i have had good results.
  6. starwax137

    starwax137 New Recruit

    I don't know how we collectors could get by without Goo-Gone.

Share This Page