3D Contest

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
070103.3dcontest.jpg

It's time for a new contest. Click here to see what you have to do and what you can win.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
I'd like to try this out for a contest. I have several of these that we could do, so give me some feedback if you like it or not.

The contest is for a Deluxe Jango & Obi Wan (Kamino). Send me an email (SEND THE EMAIL TO THIS ADDRESS) with what is hidden in the 3d puzzle in the body of the email and your forum name in the subject line. The puzzle could contain anything, including lettering. Try and be as specific as you can. A winner will be selected from the correct answers.

The game will end sometime next weekend.

<center>
062903.3dprize.jpg
</center>

070103.3dcontest3.jpg

jfrog2002

Sith Master
Man...that is really hard to make out!! I played with some of my monitor settings and it didn't help at all.

Joe

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
if anyone has tips for what helps them see the image, please post them to the this thread for the others.
For me, I get pretty close to the image and try to make my eyes focus on a point beyond the image. You want the image to get fuzzy before the 3d image will appear.
We're just trying to do something a little different than the normal "send us an email" contest and I thought these might be fun, but if too many people have trouble with it, we'll try something else.

Rancisis

Jedi Trainer
Is there one big image behind it, or several different sall images.
'Cause I'm seeing weird things here.

Mostly heads of sw characters, but I don't know if that is the meaning.
Since the heads keep repeating themselves.
Maybe you should consider giving us a test image :-/

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
perhaps I should have started with a different image. I will pass along this clue ..... The 3d image is a text message.

joewhite

New Recruit
Yo Shak, COOL contest. I love those things! It was easy but a good alternative to the send an email contests. Nice!

Jacen

New Recruit
i have a major headache now!
anyway, my tech for this: get about arms length out and stare... getting sorta crosseyed helps. and try to look THOUGH the immage, not for one.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
We had enough interest in this to do it again in the future. I'll stay away from text images and go with images of ships or characters or something along those lines.

Here's the answer for this one ....

3danswer.ben.jpg

the winner is JediBeagle. You have one week to claim your prize by sending me a private message
I'll need your shipping info.

There was only one incorrect answer sent in.

Thanks to everyone who played. I should have one of our normal giveaways starting later today and i'll try and get some kind of forum game going this week.

For those that know what it is, is there any interest in having another podrace game?