3D Contest

jfrog2002

Sith Master
Well...at least I got the answer right. Maybe my luck will be better on the Wattos' Lotto!

How many people played this one?

Thanks!
Joe

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
I had 27 entries for this one. the forum games usually increase the players odds quite a bit.

AmShak, I would love to see the podrace game and also another 3D game.

Hint for the 3D game - look at a shadow on the screen (reflection in the background) and the image should pop up. It helps me but it may not help everyone

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
I'll try and get something set up on the podrace and try and start it this weekend.

Originally posted by nack5811
AmShak, I would love to see the podrace game and also another 3D game.

Hint for the 3D game - look at a shadow on the screen (reflection in the background) and the image should pop up. It helps me but it may not help everyone

Man I try and try but can't see anything. I'll give it a shot again but you'll probably have to count me out.

Anyway, I feel the 3D contest is like a "send me your email address" contest just for people that can see the image. What about Bothan members with one eye or color blind individuals? (seriously wierd point). :)

I guess I'm fishing deep on that. :)

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Well, there are a couple of things that make it different from the general "send me an email" contest. In my rules, it says that you must use your forum name in the email which eliminates all of the people who are not members which increases the odds for those who are. It does require you to do "something" before you send the email and i think it's kind of a fun, different thing for us to do.

If this contest didn't draw many entries, then it probably would have been the first and last 3d contest. But, it had as many or more entries as any of the other forum contests, which is why we'll probably do another.

This is not the direction that the forum games will be going. The older games will still pop up in the future and we'll continue to try new games that will be along the lines of the older games.

I think that TBS offeres a variety of ways for its visitors to win prizes, so at the moment, I'm not too worried about our one-eyed or colored blind visors. If we have anyone who fits one of those descriptions, i would like to hear more feedback if you really think you are being cheated.

I am sorry for those who are unable to see it because i think it's a neat little trick and don't worry, more contest or games are on the way that don't require the ability to see a 3d image.

On a side note, It was a long time before i was able to see these types of images but after i was finally able to see it for the first time, it made it easier to see others. I'm not suggestting that you sit there and stare at you monitor for hours and hours but don't give up yet. Every once in a while go back to the image and try it again and maybe one day it will appear for you.

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
just out of curiosity........do you think you could give me an idea on how to make those......you definitely used photoshop, which I just managed to get, and i seem to be getting better at it.....VERY complicated program,.

I'm just playing with you AmShak. TBS has the most contests I've seen and a good variety of them also. I was looking for any reason to bounce the 3D contest. There is enough going on that I'm bound to win something eventually not that thats the reason I'm here.

Hey Costa, you need to do something with that avatar. :)

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Solo .... you bring up a good point and it was something that was keeping me from doing the 3d contest before, but i decided to go ahead and give it a try.

costa .... i didn't make the image, so i have no advice on how to do them.

Look, I'm just stirring the pot. :) I'm having enough fun with everything else here. Read below....

If you look at Costa's avatar and let your eyes go out of focus, what do you see?