Yoda Mini-Bust Giveaway

Barada

Saboteur
20060104.yoda.jpg

TBS proudly brings to you its first giveaway of 2006. To ring in the New Year, we are giving away a Yoda Mini-Bust from Gentle Giant, kindly donated by Legend's.

All you need to do to enter is send me, Barada, a private message, with 'Yoda Giveaway' as the title of the PM. In the body of the message, you only need to supply me with your full name.

Only one entry is allowed per person, and multiple entries will disqualify that person. (To tell if your PM has been received, there is a menu below your post as you type, where you can click to be sent a message read receipt)

The contest will run until midnight EST on Friday January 20, and the winner will be announced on Saturday, January 21.

Good luck to everyone who enters.

Barada

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
rogueace2000 said:
We have to PM you using either AIM, ICQ, MSN or Yahoo? Do you take emails?:confused:

If you click on Barada's name, you can send him a PM using the TBS forum. Or you can go to "private messages" on the top right of your screen, then click on send new message and type in his name.

Thanks, I'll give those a try.

Silly me. I had my settings so that I couldn't PM anyone in TBS. That's all fixed and good to go now. :)

Barada

Saboteur
Glad that's cleared up.

I have your PM, rogueace, and that of everyone else that's posted in here - except the one who wants a bigger one. :p

Barada

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
JEDI FREIJAN said:
To ring in the New Year................

Is that ment to be BRING in the new year???

That's a good question......RING in sounds right to me, and is what i would say......but BRING in does make a little more sense. Anyone bored enugh to do some searching and enlighten us as to the linguistic origins of the phrase? ;)

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
It is "ring" and comess from the tradition of ringing chruch bells, etc. at midnight to celebrate as the New Year starts. That ringing / noise making stems from even further back where the noise was meant to drive away the evil spirits to make the coming year happy and successful.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
These days, when you run outside around midnight, shouting and ringing bells, most people reckon you've had quite enough 'evil spirits' and should go home for a strong coffee!! ;)

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
darthskelington said:
I call dibs :p

You can call Dibs all you like, he's not a member of this forum, plus he wouldn't have any say in it even if he were :p

Anyway, I'm with Buzz, I'll hang on for the full size version (which was recently announced - yay!)

Seriously though, I have one of these and its really cool. A great prize!