What's the best way for overseas?

Pedge Jameson

Falls down for no reason.
The US post office gave my gf a world of sh*t because they have no clue now how to do SASE's with UK stamps. (Why am I not suprised?) How is it done now? Do I have to but stamps from the UK then have them shipped then put them on the SASE?

TYIA

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
That is probably the best way in terms of ease-of-use for the person you want the autograph from, as long as you get the right amount of stamps on the envelope.

Post within or going overseas must have the postage from the country it's being sent from, so there's no point putting US stamps on envelopes that willbe mailed from the UK. Unlike banks with foreign currency, post offices don't sell stamps from other countries since the demand would be almost zero.

You could put money in your out-going envelope to cover the cost of the UK stamps, but:
  1. It's usually not allowed to send money in the post (mainly due to the risk of it being stolen),
  2. it's a hassle for the person you want the autograph from, which may mean they are less inclined to bother

Pedge Jameson

So what are you telling me exactly. But them online then right? :cool:

What's the cost for say UK to the current Star Wars Roster to here? We have any confirmed hits for the cast? I have some from fanmail.biz but you know how they are.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
You can probably buy stamps on the UK post office website ... these days you can likely pay online and print a coded stamp on your own printer to stick on an envelope (I know New Zealand Post has that ability). The cost will depend on the size / weight of the envelope, and whatever object you are wanting to get signed if sending something specific.

Another option would be to find fellow autograph collectors in the UK who can obtain them for you and then on-post them to you. Possibly also doing exchanges for US autographs. Forums with UK-based people would be a better bet for finding someone like that - I know TheForce.net forum used to have region-specific sections.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I don't know, but it might do, although it is for parcels rather than letters, but it depends on what you're trying to get autographed (it would be good for figures for example). The only problem is that the parcel postage sticker you print may be too big for small envelopes or there won't be an option small / cheap enough for a small letter.

Pedge Jameson

I just made an account to buy regular old stamps from them to have mailed to me, just when I checkout the cart gives me an error.
Error: Problem encountered - Display process failure

I looked it up and it's supposed to be some web kind of error so I'll have to wait until they figure it out.

You happen to know the cheapest listed their? And these are just for index cards, I don't do figures or anything. ;)

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Maybe using a different web browser will avoid the error.

Postage usually goes by physical size (width, length, and height) and weight.