Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Something silly Barada didn't offer as an option

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters

Barada

Saboteur
Time to get some conversation started here at the Spy, and there are few topics that tend to get people talking more than who they pray to.

Having said that, this topic must stay related to what you practice, and how often. I don't mind open conversation, but anything that will either insult someone or mock their belief will be personally deleted by me. Debate all you want, but I want honest, thoughtful responses, no controversy.

Barada

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
I'm a Zeppist.

We are against group religion...
so there's only one of us...
We are against organized religion...
so our religious texts are randomly numbered and ordered...
We are pantheistic...
although we make special exceptions for the devil, Saddam, Bin Laden and dubya...
We are against technology...
but we still use it...
We are Solipsistic...
so we can be the only religion without imposing ourselves on others...

And our goal is to Live Forever...
or die trying...

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
My family (parents) are Christian, although I never really attended church. I chose atheist,as i have no real religious beliefs. I've found that many of the Taoist philosophies are much to my liking. Taoism in general is an influence on the jedi philosophy in Star Wars, which I guess is why Star Wars appeals to many people. Taoism seems to be very much about balance, harmony, and non-malevolent action.

I'm making very general statements, as I'm no expert on Taoism. However, practiced Taoism as a church-type of religion is very limited in use. Most of the several thousand Chinese Taoist monks were imprisoned or executed with the uprise of modern China and communism, if I recall correctly.

Here's an excelent site to anyone interested in hjust about any religion:

www.religioustolerance.org

Deathstar

Visit vacation paradise!
I'm a Buddhist.
Buddhism is not a religion, although many people regard it as such.

The teachings of the Buddha are not easy to understand to the westerner, unless you happen to study the teachings in college philosophy.
THE PHILOSOPHIES OF ASIA by Alan Watts is a quick ref in the workings of Taoism and Confucianism.

Nightwing

New Recruit
you left out Irish Catholic!

I'm roman catholic, but not practicing. I can't remember the last time I went to a regular mass on a sunday

I do pray every night though

Nightwing

New Recruit
Borsk said:
For more cool, silver Star Wars figures?
nope, that the USA can find a better pres than the one it has at the moment. You can't get much shittier than right now.

For the terror that happened in Madrid

For the unseating of Mugabe

Although it will never happen, for a better world

sentinal

Hunter
darthzohner said:
I have always wondered if I was the only Mormon in the forum. Apparently, I am.
I was baptised a mormon but I would say I am more of a naturalist now. I believe that the beginning and the end are set but we decide the inbetween.

bedlam412

Scoundrel
I put down agnostic ... insomuchas I don't believe that there isn't a God/higher power, I just don't necessarily subscribe to the belief that there is. (how's that for non-committal :rolleyes: )

I was brought up Methodist, confirmation and all, but other than weddings and the occaisional X-mas mass (I enjoy the music and sentiment), I do not go to church. My opinion is that religious beliefs are good in that they give a person hope for better things, and someone to talk to when no one else will listen, but organized religion is for suckers.

Granted when things in my own life go awry, I tend to look upwards and yell foul language, but this may be an effect of society.

Again these are only my opinions and I mean no offense. After all it's a free country. Worship (or not) whomever you will.

Dark Jedi

Banned
I am an Atheist, well, my parents are Lutherean, but, I don't know if I believe in anything divine, but ya never know, I am young, so, what lies ahead in my future stilll has yet to be revealed