Tristan

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
First, I would like tristan to respond to this thread, to defend and explain himself.

Second, I would like those of you who are in the middle of a bad trade with tristan, to share the details of your experience.

Third, I would like anyone who has had any dealings with tristan, to share their experience with him, with us.

Finally, I want to share all the information that I have at this time with everyone, so that they can avoid falling into the same trap, as some of our members have.

Board Name: Tristan

email: humphlett@yahoo.com

AIM Handle: JohnHumphlett

Yahoo Handle: humphlett

Birthday: 1975-03-11

John Humphlett
3920 SW 5th PL
Gainesville, FL 32607

I don't want to accuse anyone of any wrong doings, but I have given tristan every opportunity to justify himself and he has failed. This thread will remain, until tristan comes through on his end of the trade. I ask that you pass on this info to anyone who may find it useful.

Tristan

Scout and Bounty Hunter
Perhaps...

Perhaps I am a very busy individual?

You want to know personal things? First, I work generally from 7pm to 3 or 4 am in the morning if not later. I then stumble home, grab a few hours rest, then I boot up the computer and do data entry work from home. These jobs still do not dig me out of the debt I have amassed.

To continue, I then have been violently ill on and off due to the chemo I have been receiving, yet I still work and I try to find time to pursue my one, true passion: acting. Try being in a theater in the midst of all the scheduling I outlined above.

And yes, Recently for the past 2 months I have on and off been in "nearby" Orlando (2 hours travel, at least!) because I am thrilled to be in a pilot movie for a show about Ghost Hunting as a simple, background extra.

I am so sorry! I've never done this before, but my candle is lit at both ends and melting in the middle. As soon as I scrape together the money Barney will get his Y-wing!

Pitbull

New Recruit
Perhaps....

And perhaps I'll get my 3 12" Bounty Hunter figures? Either that or send back the three I sent you 2 months ago.

Tristan

Scout and Bounty Hunter
Figs

I never received any such Figures. I never received a "I sent them" email from you, I assumed the deal was ended.

Pitbull

New Recruit
Lets see, where to begin. I made a deal with you 2 months ago. The deal was made on a weekend, I sent the figures out on a Monday and I DID send you confirmation that they were sent, just like I send a confirmation out on all trades, not just in this forum, but others as well. This must be your way of absolving yourself of the situation...to say that you never received the figures and that you never received a confirmation, that way you can either blame me or the Post Office for this. And meanwhile, as you are reading this, you are probably looking at my figures on your shelf. It's people like you that ruins trading for others. Well, hopefully I'm the last person that gets screwed in your little game here, but I'm not going to count on that. Considering how well you are doing with trades so far (Barneyfife don't count on getting your Y-Wing either). And to say that you thought the deal was off, ... Funny you never tried emailing me about it. You couldn't have been too concerned I was not going to send the figures. Of course, how would you know if I sent you an email confirming it anyways, being sooo busy and all. Save it. Maybe that's why you never answered my other emails asking about the figures you were suppose to send me. Or maybe your email server lost them. You can use that excuse if you want. But my money is on the fact that you probably blocked my email address after you found out I sent the figures.
So in closing; 1)Barneyfife don't count on getting your Y-Wing (I'm sure "as soon as I scrape enough money together" is his little way of saying "I'll keep using that excuse until he loses interest in getting his stuff") 2 ) when laying your life out for everybody to see, try not to lay it on sooooo thick, its less believable (I can smell a work a mile away) 3 ) I'm not pissed with you, hopefully some day we'll "meet" >:) 4) hope you enjoy my figures.

Pitbull

Like a wrestling colleague of mine says "Life's a work, eat it up"

P.S. Don't forget to reply, swearing up and down how you never received the figures and how you thought the deal was dead. It might help get you over, but I'm sure everybody by now can see you for what you are...

edited by AmShak

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Tristan,
Do you have good feedback anywhere? i would like to check it out.

I am sorry for your illness and your busy schedule, but that is no excuse for failing to complete your part of the agreement. No one should enter into a trade, if they are not going to be able to come through on their end. These people trusted you and you have violated this trust.

Do not be angry with them or me. It is you that has brought this onto yourself.

You have failed to do what I have asked and you are leaving very few options.

If your finacial situations prevents you from sending a package, then perhaps this isn't the hobby for you.

Boba Fitt

New Recruit
Sounds like another *bad* trader

This guy seems to be on the same level and Kerry Lawler, AKA Jedi_DJ or Ambu_Fett...

I've read that if you get stiffed in a deal like this is it called Mail Fraud and the Post Office people really frown upon it. Sue the guy - I plan on suing the guy above if my figs don't come.

Just my two cents...

Has Tristan redeemed himself?

My wife is from Gainesville, FL . Just say the word and I'll have some bounty hunters pay him a visit (Star Wars sarcasm).

If you can't trade then don't. You don't do anyone any good not even yourself. Tristan states...."To continue, I then have been violently ill on and off due to the chemo I have been receiving, yet I still work and I try to find time to pursue my one, true passion: acting. Try being in a theater in the midst of all the scheduling I outlined above." Yes I see an actor here. If you're on chemo you don't have the energy to function anywhere near your stated abilities let alone to drive frequently 2 hours to Orlando to act. If you have time to do this then you have time to sit, relax, and pay up the individuals you have swindled.

If I was in your position I would change my signature at the bottom of your replies to anything other than.... " Actor, Singer, and Gigolo".

Do what is right. Pay up!:mad:

Barada

Saboteur
It would be interesting to know if Tristan's deals were ever resolved, but considering this thread is close to a year and a half old, and Tristan hasn't posted since December 2001, I'd say it's a safe bet he isn't around anymore to answer this.

Barada

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Barada said:
It would be interesting to know if Tristan's deals were ever resolved, but considering this thread is close to a year and a half old, and Tristan hasn't posted since December 2001, I'd say it's a safe bet he isn't around anymore to answer this.

Barada

I doubt we will see tristan again, but in response to your question, i just had a new member send me a PM with these details.......

had an issue with an a-hole over on the SG-Command.net board so I googled him and found that he had burned peeps here some time ago.

this may be his most recent address
*************** High Springs, FL 32643 *edited by AmShak

(if anyone wants to file fraud charges) I hope this can help someone get satisfaction . when I posted this site on our board so everyone could see what a "swell" guy he is he repied in an IM "Is mail fraud clear?" not a denial..more like "lawyerspeak" for you can't prove it....so I joined your site cause I cant belive that 1 fan would do this to another . I doubt this info can do any real good but I had to do what was right and give you all a heads-up. If anyone who got ripped off by this guy would like to sign up @ SG-Command.net and confront him in the forums or IM his handle there is ADONIS and he posts in the SG-13 forums.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
At the request of Tristan, i have removed the specifc address information. i still have this info handy so if anyone is trading with anyone from High Springs, FL .... contact me and i will provide additional info.

the following quotes are from tristan......

....As such I am asking you nicely to remove all instances of my current address from your forum and to delete all posts related to me.
I will not remove "all" info. if tristan is done trading then i don't see how it makes a difference to him. if he is not done trading then i do see how it can make a difference to someone who might enter into a trade with him. since it has been quite some time since tristan has been around here, i would think that no one on this board has much to worry about, but i think it is important to be as cautious as possible when trading with people you do not know.

As such, I will allow you to privately let those who still desire compensation for those bad trades my email.

Let them know that if I did screw them over, I will repay them or work off a better trade.

I've got a totally different life now and I don't need to worry about action figures.

Let Barney and them know that I will repay in kind with interest.
it's not my job to track these people down. if anyone who has been "screwed" by tristan is reading this, contact me and i'll pass on any info i have. i think tristan should be the one who tracks down the people he has "screwed".

amshak@thebothanspy.com