Think Geek: Tauntaun Sleeping Bag

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Another new and wacky product from the ThinkGeek webstore ...

Tauntaun Sleeping Bag
Slumber in the Belly of the Beast

In the sub-zero wasteland of the planet Hoth, only the strong survive... and of course those lucky Jedi protected by the thick skin of a Tauntaun.

Now ThinkGeek Labs has recreated the warm fur of a Tauntaun in a more convenient format. This high-quality sleeping bag looks just like a Tauntaun, complete with saddle, internal intestines and LED Luke Skywalker Lightsaber zipper pull.

Use the lightsaber zipper pull on the Tauntaun sleeping bag to illustrate to your wee-ones how Han Solo saved Luke Skywalker from certain death in the freezing climate of Hoth by slitting open the belly of a dead Tauntaun and placing Luke inside the stinking (but warm) carcass. If your kids don't change their tune on which Star Wars film is the greatest ever, you can do your best Jar Jar impression until they repent.

tauntaun-sleepingbag-embed3.jpg
tauntaun-sleepingbag.jpg

Product Features:
  • Classic Star Wars sleeping bag simulates the warmth of a Tauntaun carcass
  • Built-in embroidered Tauntaun head pillow
  • Glowing Lightsaber zipper pull
  • Great for playing pretend "Save Luke from the Wampa" games
  • Teach your children about the best Star Wars movie ever
  • Fully Licensed Lucasfilm™ Collectable
  • Fits children (and small adults)
  • 100% Polyester construction, Machine washable
  • Exterior Dimensions - 32" x 60"
Price: US$39.99 plus shipping

Tauntaun Sleeping Bag

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
OH MY GOSH! :eek: That's totally funny! LOL! Wonder why I didn't think of that before. I could have been a millionare. :D

RYAN-J

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
The sleeping bag was an April Fools Day gag. However:

"Fake April Fools' Day Product Sparks Demand For Real Version
By Chris Walters, 11:40 AM on Thu Apr 2 2009,

Of all companies, ThinkGeek should know that you never taunt a sci-fi nerd with something movie related unless it really exists. Yesterday the company revealed its annual page of fake products to trick customers, including squeezable bacon spread and a "Unicorn Chaser" soft drink. The best product of all, however, was this Tauntaun sleeping bag (check out the tiny lightsaber on the zipper pull!), which sparked so much demand that the company is looking into selling it for real.

Today, ThinkGeek modified the product page to add this note:

Due to an overwhelming tsunami of requests from YOU THE PEOPLE, we have decided to TRY and bring this to life. We have no clue if the suits at Lucasfilms will grant little ThinkGeek a license, nor do we know how much it would ultimately retail for."

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
D'OH!! Sorry, I didn't realise it was a silly April Fools joke. :( I opened it up while clearing out a batch of emails that I hadn't had time to read for a couple of days, and then only skimmed through looking for Star Wars items.

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Ah dang. That was a mean joke. Hopefully they can score a license for it soon!

RYAN-J

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
I wouldn't be hugely surprised if this DID appear for sale some day. Stranger things have made it. Not to my taste at all, but hey, sounds like lotsa people want one.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Buzz Bumble;83177 said:
D'OH!! Sorry, I didn't realise it was a silly April Fools joke. :( I opened it up while clearing out a batch of emails that I hadn't had time to read for a couple of days, and then only skimmed through looking for Star Wars items.

Not to worry Buzz, the only way you'd find out it was an April Fool's Day joke that day was if you tried to purcahse it. Like me. ;)