Votes: 16 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • No Comment. I like it either way

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
I, personally am nowhere near happy with the new look of VBulletin forums and I was just wondering what others thought of it.

I find it incredibly inconvenient and I dont like to see it this way.

But of course theres no need to listen to my opinion, like i said, im just an ewok!

-cc

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
I like it, but prefered the way it was before.

Now it's a little blocky, but it is more compact than it was before. I guess it's a trade off, but rounded corners, or the type of cut corners they have for the avs would be cool, or both...

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
it is important to remember that this is not the finished product and i think that has been stated quite clearly in several places. if this was the finished product, then i would be right there in the "unhappy with it" line.

unfortunately, VB doesn't give us a version of the forums that can just be slapped into place, so give borsk some time to make the changes that need to be made. The old forums went through a similar process when they were put in place of the even older forums before them.

the new board will have MUCH more to offer than the old version here at TBS and any other board that i have seen on any other sw site.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I'll wait it out and see how things take shape before forming any real opinion.

The first thought is shock and dismay when all your favorite little details have vanished. However, I felt the same thing the last time The Spy updated, and I became very happy with the overall look/feel of that incarnation.

So, instead I'll offer encouragement to Borsk for all the hard work put into this. I'm sure working on this transition is no easy task, so keep up the great work. :)

aceface

Junior Spy
I like the new look so far. I'm finding it easier to search, read, and post that the previous "design." And based on what I've seen so far, I think it's only going to get better. :)

Deathstar

Visit vacation paradise!
I like the new look as I don't have to wear my glasses anymore.
You know, the new look reminds me more of the origional layout back in '01.

NO COMMENT: like it either way would be considered a YES vote. :flame:

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
Well forget about all my other comments that I threw out before. Today it looks much, much better.

Excellent Work, Borsk. Keep it up! Just remember to get sleep and eat lots and lots of animal crackers (New ewok favorite snack)

dustrho

S.C.A.L.P. Wpns Supplier
I do like it better, but I was hoping everything would run faster after the upgrade. All the forum pages seem to load much slower than other sites, but I do like the new look a lot. Great work fellas!

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Status

Things left to do:
  • Modify horzontal and vertical postbits
  • Find and replace a bunch of graphics (buttons,etc)
  • Reinstate the trading feedback "star system"
  • Reinstate the AllTroops tradelist integration
  • Reopen the chat room
  • Add secondary style
After this, I'll try to make a couple of "how to" posts that explain some of the cool new features. I will also take a look in the suggestion forum and make some of those changes.

And, after that, I have a bunch of brand new stuff that I want to add.

Ok. It's clear that I still have a lot to do. However, enough has been done that you can legitimately make negative comments. All that I ask is that you post them in the "Suggestion" forum and be as specific as possible. Everyone wants the same thing, and that is to make the forum better.

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
AmShak said:
it is important to remember that this is not the finished product and i think that has been stated quite clearly in several places. if this was the finished product, then i would be right there in the "unhappy with it" line.

unfortunately, VB doesn't give us a version of the forums that can just be slapped into place, so give borsk some time to make the changes that need to be made. The old forums went through a similar process when they were put in place of the even older forums before them.

the new board will have MUCH more to offer than the old version here at TBS and any other board that i have seen on any other sw site.
I understand, I just thought a little constructive feedback might help...

btw, I have a slight problem with the orange reply button...

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Zepp said:
btw, I have a slight problem with the orange reply button...
Well, I can certainly make it green - that's not a problem. The reasoning behind making it a different color is so it stands out better for "first time users". In another thread, we talked about ways to increase activity in the forum. I thought this might help newbies by clearly showing them where to click to start a new thread and to post a reply (2 very, very basic funtions).

If other people feel the same way, I'll certainly entertain changing the color.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
The chat room is back in business. It's under the "sections" dropdown.

I also have a chat room related modification on the way...

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Any color reply button is cool with me. Orange is a good idea though. A couple days ago before you had the button updated, though, it took me a good thirty seconds to find the reply button. :banghead: