Ishi Tib

New Recruit
<center>
sponsor.fed.jpg
</center>

<CENTER>SAGA'S LATEST COUPLE
DETAILED PICTURES AND REVIEW
</CENTER>

The latest two sculpts to slip out from Hasbro's warehouses are making a stop at a store near you as we speak. The characters, both first seen in Episode 1, are the brand new Teemto Pagalies, the diminutive pod pilot and fifth racer made available, if we include the Anakin version and, a repainted version with just a pair of added features, of Ki-Adi-Mundi the Jedi master.

Let's start things off with the Jedi Master, a character which in my own opinion we could had dealt without ...

<CENTER>KI ADI MUNDI
JEDI MASTER
</CENTER>

I have always been, somewhat, a defender of most of the stuff Hasbro puts out, even when resculpts have been made. But in this particular case, I feel the EP 1 version of Mr. Mundi was good enough to leave alone, not having to go over and "improve it" with unnecessary, useless features and some paint detailing.

Yes, indeed some of the new paint job has favored the Saga version and a cleaner, brighter face is now offered. Since the purple shades around the eyes seen on the EP1 version are much, much lighter now, Mundi's eyes can be better appreciated. The sleeves of his yellowish shirt and skirt have been "paint updated" also, giving them darker tones and better recreating and showing texture and wrinkles. But all of these "improvements" and playability are minimal

In my opinion, this "new" version of the Jedi is like adding vanilla flavor to Coke ... was it really needed? (no pond intended to those liking the new flavor), but truly, some things are better left "as is" if they are good enough to please everyone the first time around.

<CENTER>ARTICULATION/FEATURES/ACCESSORIES</CENTER>

If we were to compare the new Mundi to his previous Ep1 version, which is practically obvious, there are only two new articulating points added to the figure, both dealing with his right arm. Besides the common points of movement (neck, shoulders, waist and hips), the Jedi master has now a bendable elbow, with a joint purely functional and not very aesthetic; this feature allows him to do ... do what? Well, just bend his forearm in and out and that's it. Since the left arm wasn't resculpted and has remained unarticulated, his hands won't come together. When bent, his right arm comes close enough to his left one but not close enough and not even his rotating right wrist, allows for the hands to double grip the saber. I was able to accomplish this though, by forcing the left arm to come close enough to the saber's hilt and making it grab it. Quickly then, I wrapped the clear rubber band which holds the saber in his right hand over both hands, keeping them together; if you want him to be posed like so, this is the only way to overcome the task.

The usual "force-attract" lightsaber feature, the embedded magnet, has been added to his right hand's palm. No other action features have been giving to the figure.

Worth noting is his lightsaber's hilt. The one packed with the figure totally differs from the one pictured on the back of the card. Although the hilt offered has a nicely chrome finish, raised ridges and a detachable blade, it is plain in its design; the one shown in the pictures has a greater deal of detail, presenting indentations and even red buttons. Definitely it would had been a much better accessory.

A red blast effect has also been included in the package and could be easily placed on the beam of the lightsaber or taken out. With this particular sculpt, I prefer the effect attached to the saber since it adds a nice contrast to the overall neutral color scheme of the character.

<CENTER>FIGURE INFORMATION</CENTER>

NAME OF FIGURE: Ki - Adi - Mundi. Jedi Master
DIGITS: PN 6108765700
FIGURE NUMBER: 44
ACCESSORIES: Lightsaber, Force blast effect

<CENTER>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~</CENTER>

<CENTER>TEEMTO PAGALIES
POD RACER
</CENTER>

Size matters not. What this figure lacks in size it offers in great small details an authenticity. No weird arm poses nor any unnecessary action features to mess up the sculpt have been added and Teemto easily stands on his own without the need of a stand. It is great to see another Pod Racer figure on the pegs as well as the fact of him being a completely new character from EP1.

His molded on tool-belt, ball sack hanging from his waist (make your own jokes here), vest and pant cuffs have been recreated with attention to little touches. The dirty wash of his clothes and his skin color have been well rendered. The detail of his eyes and teeth, arms and feet is superb.

Although Teemto Pagalies was just a simple Pod Racer in the film, he was in fact a very cool alien character and Hasbro has managed to transfer his likeness into plastic and offer us another solid Star Wars figure, truly making tough to find any reason not to pick him up.

<CENTER>ARTICULATION/FEATURES/ACCESSORIES</CENTER>

A total of seven points of articulation have been given to the character; in fact a great deal for a small figure. Teemto can be moved at his neck, shoulders, waist, hips and tail. Considering the sculpt has been so well designed some decent poses can be accomplished through the articulation given.

The accessories take up a great part of the packaging. Keep in mind the now standard price of a figure is around $5.00; this price gets you this nicely sculpted alien plus two big accessories: a silver painted Pod Racer engine debris, very well detailed and great for use with dioramas and a Maintenance Spider Droid with the added feature of a well disguised dome button that when pressed, makes the droid's legs move in and out, opening and closing and allowing them to grab onto or release the wreck of Podracer engine.

To make this figure even "sweeter," a third accessory is included in the form of a pair of removable tiny goggles which perfectly fit on Pagalies' head. The clear plastic used for the goggles easily allows for Teemto's eyes to be seen when he has them on.

Also worth noting, is the quality of the materials used for the making of the set; they are quite a bit better than other recent releases and his arms and legs, although bendable aren't nearly as soft. Both of the large accessories are made of solid plastic.

Finally my only "thumbs down" for this set would be the legs of the Maintenance Droid. They are a little bit thin, making them too spindly to hold the droid upright. Several tries must be made before getting the droid to stand on its own but there is always the option of mounting it over the Pod engine where it seems to give better results. This, of course, is just a minor nit which easily fades away overwhelmed by the quality of the overall product

<CENTER>FIGURE INFORMATION</CENTER>

NAME OF FIGURE: Teemto Pagalies
DIGITS: PN 6108684300
FIGURE NUMBER: 45
ACCESSORIES: Maintenance Spider Droid, Podracer engine debris, Removable goggles

<CENTER>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~</CENTER>

Take a look now at the detailed pictures below and feel free to share your comments with us about Saga's latest couple. Enjoy!

<CENTER>Ishi Tib</CENTER>

han solo

Friend of a Wookie
Great review and pics Ishi!!
I realy love Teemto I don't see anything wrong with this fig!!
If the could make more podracers like this I would be happy!

Ki adi on the other hand leaves me feeling like I haven't got my moneys worth..
the stupid arm this is a wast!! He doesn't even have a button in his butt to swing the saber!
maybe they should have just given him normal articulation....
Out of the two my money will be on teemto...
I'll save the other for a better fig instead of ki adi :)

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
Great reviews as always Ishi.Love the pics and Can't wait to see Teemto...Off topic one thing i gotta ask....you guys over there have Vanilla in your Coke?That's got to be different!:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
Thanks for your kind comments, guys. Yeah, the Teemto figure is a cool one, alright. I wish there were more figures made like this.

Since I'm all for aliens and Pod racer figures, I have to agree with your comment Han Solo about having more of them made. I would love to see a Boles Roor or Neeva Keeve made next as well as a Quadrinaros. Gotta love those little pilots!

Darth Aussie, I don't know if you guys have this but besides the vanilla flavored Coke, we also have Pepsi and Coke with a twist of lemon in them...sort of makes you wonder what they'll be putting inside next. Not bad, though :D

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
I agree with Wookiee Cookiee; you gotta have a sweet tooth to become a regular vanilla Coke drinker. I prefer Canada Dry :)

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
Well we have just started to get Diet Coke with lemon and regular pepsi with lemon twist here too. I prefer the latter but would rather have a tot of Bundaberg Rum with my Coke....:D :D :D ;)

also landed Teemto and Ki thanks to a trade.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
I don't believe they're bottling bourbon or rum and coke...yet. I'll keep you updated on that though.

Teemto...hmmm.....Pod Race Game....hmmmm