Target Exclusive Lava Vader

Jedi_Joel

Agent
Apparently according to some people at Rebel Scum (and just check eBay) there's some employees at target who are accidentally putting out the limited run Lava Vader figures. When I heard this news, I made the 20 minute journey to my local Target only to find that they have removed ALL Star Wars figures from the Action Figures aisle. I asked them where they are and they said oh we took them off the shelves for the April 2 release of new figures. Oh well.... :banghead:

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
They did the same thing here (Aus) in our stores in my hometown. I asked where they had all gone and the reply was we got told to pull all SW stuff for April 2nd.
Hope you get your Lava Vader Joel. I'll be lining up early Saturday too (if i can find a close by Target near the LA Airport)

j@ng0

New Recruit
50,000 produced and has a redish reflection on him. The package has the Target logo on the left side. It comes with a clear protected case. It runs for $12.99 along with the usual Target hassle..he he

JediSearch

S.C.A.L.P. Special Ops
Jedi_Joel said:
Apparently according to some people at Rebel Scum (and just check eBay) there's some employees at target who are accidentally putting out the limited run Lava Vader figures. When I heard this news, I made the 20 minute journey to my local Target only to find that they have removed ALL Star Wars figures from the Action Figures aisle. I asked them where they are and they said oh we took them off the shelves for the April 2 release of new figures. Oh well.... :banghead:
Did you get one?

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
B0007XATUQ.16._AA384_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B0007XATUQ.16.PT01._AA384_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
i just checked ebay and there was 224 listed (probably more) and some of them offer the "buy it now" feature for only $200 :twitch:

Jedi_Joel

Agent
AmShak said:
i just checked ebay and there was 224 listed (probably more) and some of them offer the "buy it now" feature for only $200 :twitch:
You clearly didn't do a search for "Lava Vader", that returned 1052 auctions, and "Target Vader" brings up 1152. So that's essentially 1% of all the vaders are on eBay.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
yeah, i did "lava reflection vader" and that told me all i needed to know.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
50,000 doesn't seem like a number that would be "limited" but target operates about 1250-1300 stores, so that would be a maximum of 40 figures per store. apparently they were selling some online, so who knows how many they had set aside for that. given that it was released on a day that every star wars collector (and scalpers) out there is searching the stores .... i would say that it is a "limited" amount.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Darth Aussie said:
And has anyone got a spare who wants to trade???? ;)
had i realized the importance of this figure, i would have made a greater effort to pick up a few extra for you and others like you ... but i didn't. i think i was too wrapped up in the midnight madness stuff going on, that i didn't pay much attention to what was going on the next day and i got a late start to go with it. all things considered, i feel fortunate to have gotten one for myself.

Darth-BlixII

Sith Clone Commander
well, too bad I can't go to Target and pick myself up one...or two...
ahem...I don't have a Target but I might aswell pick myself up a Lava Reflection Darth Vader on E-bay.
or some other website that sells Starwars 3"75 action figures.