Star Wars versions of Angry Birds

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
From Stuff.tv ...

Angry Birds Star Wars coming October 8th
A teaser image has hit the internet suggesting an intergalactic union that'd make even Darth Vader crack a smile.

20121008080645_rovio-angry-birds-star-wars-game-0.jpg

We sense a great disturbance in the Force – as if millions of voices squawked out in anger. Yes, Angry Birds Star Wars is coming. Lego Star Wars was a winner, so why can’t Rovio do the same?

There’s little more than this teaser image – tweeted by Rovio – to go on. An announcement will be made in New York on October 8th, so we can expect to hear some details of gameplay then – a reskinned version of Angry Birds Space, perhaps?

Keep your blasters close, midichlorians flowing, and beaks up – something huge is coming.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
From MacRumors.com ...

angrybirdsstarwars.jpg

Angry Birds Star Wars Comes Out November 8th

In what is perhaps the inevitable next step for the marketing juggernaut that is Angry Birds, Rovio has teamed up with George Lucas for the next installment in the Birds-Kill-Pigs franchise.

Angry Birds Star Wars, the company announced today, will be released on November 8th for iOS and Mac, as well as a host of other platforms.

Rovio is going all out with the marketing tie-in, launching a Tumblr page with fan art, wallpapers, and more.

• "This is the best Angry Birds game we’ve ever done. It’s the best parts of Angry Birds with all new cutting-edge gameplay set in in a galaxy far, far away," said Peter Vesterbacka, the Mighty Eagle and CMO of Rovio. "As a big Star Wars fan myself, I’m really excited about this new universe. The Force is definitely strong with this one."

YouTube Video

Brings a whole new meaning to "Pigs in Spaaaaaacccceeeee!" ;)

Apparently there's going to be a ton of merchandise (what else would you expect from a combination of Angry Birds and Star Wars? ;)) - the game on almost every system known to man, soft toys, table-top games, etc., etc.

397335_10151444579479867_1901743713_n.jpg

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Hasbro has announced a ton of Angry Birds Star Wars toys (JediInsider.com) to be out in time for Christmas and more in 2013, including an "Early Angry Birds" figure pack :rolleyes: based on the original Kenner Early Bird 3 3/4" figures

Hasbro-Angry-Birds-Star-Wars-Early-Angry-Birds-Pack-Package__scaled_600.jpg

and some Mystery Bags containing two figures (by the look of it stupidly random-packed again :()

Hasbro-Angry-Birds-Star-Wars-Mystery-Bag__scaled_600.jpg

If this new game and merchandise are successful, then I can see Rovio cashing-in with other franchises - expect Angry Birds Marvel, Angry Birds Lord of the Rings, Angry Birds DC, Angry Birds Harry Potter, Angry Birds Spongebob, Angry Birds Pirtates of the Carribbean, ...

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Awwww, Nice!! I'm a HUGE Angry Birds fan, so can't wait for this to come out!

RYAN-J

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I've never played Angry Birds, so this has no appeal to me. However, it does seem like a fun mashup. I'll probably snag something on clearance eventually, but for now my wallet will be happy to pass these up. :p

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I've never played Angry Birds

Ahhh, so you're the ONE person on the planet Rovio is trying to track down. ;)

I've never played it either - I don't have a mobile phone (let alone a "smart" one) and my computer is too old. I do know someone else who played it quite a lot for a while though.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
The first gameplay movie clip is now available at MacRumors.com ...
angrybirdsstarwars.jpg

First Gameplay Video of Angry Birds Star Wars
Angry Birds Star Wars will be released on 8 November, but today we get our first view of actual gameplay. The game plays like the standard Angry Birds, but with a Star Wars-themed twist. The video shows birds using the Force and wielding a light saber to smash the Darkside-using Pigs.

Typical for Rovio games, Angry Birds Star Wars will be available for Mac OS and iOS [and almost every other system under the Sun].

Flash Video Clip