Star Wars Quiz

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
To celebrate "Star Wars Day", the early May issue of the Stack junk email from the Australian / New Zealand electronics store JB Hi-Fi had a Star Wars themed quiz competition to win gift vouchers. Most of the questions are fairly easy. I think I got all the answers and did enter the competition, but it doesn't look like I won the vouchers. :(

1. Name three of the bounty hunters employed by Darth Vader to find the Millennium Falcon.
  2. Which Sith Lord used the Force to create life?
  3. Which famous cult film director turned down the chance to direct Return of the Jedi?
  4. Name the lead singer of the Max Rebo band during their performance in Jabba's palace.
  5. What species is Salacious B. Crumb?
  6. What are mynocks?
  7. Who didn't like Luke in the Mos Eisley cantina? Name and action figure alias please.
  8. Whose apology was accepted – with fatal consequences – by Darth Vader in The Empire Strikes Back?
  9. Who warned "It's a trap!" in The Empire Strikes Back?
  10. What links Gorse Bendak from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and Luke Skywalker?
  11. Which Imperial Officer defects to the Rebel Alliance in the N64 title Rogue Squadron?
  12. Who is known as Vader's Fist?
  13. What Star Wars video game does Jedi Knight Jaden Korr first appear in?
  14. How many Star Wars games have LucasArts licensed?
  15. Who developed The Empire Strikes Back for Atari 2600 in 1982?
  16. In what 1984 horror film does the arcade cabinet version of Star Wars appear?
  17. Who played the original Anakin Skywalker during the celebration scene at the conclusion of Return of the Jedi?
  18. How many times is the line, "May the Force be with you" used in The Empire Strikes Back?
  19. Who told Darth Vader that holding Princess Leia was dangerous and could result in sympathy for the Alliance in the Senate?
  20. Where did Chewbacca die?
  21. What is the Star Wars universe's equivalent of BC/AD?
  22. When is an asteroid not an asteroid? (What can be seen in the asteroid scene of Empire Strikes Back that isn't an asteroid?)
  23. How were the sound effects for TIE fighters produced?
  24. Which Fast and Furious actor auditioned for the role of Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars: Episode II – Attack Of The Clones?

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
They said they were going to post the answers, but either I missed it or they didn't do it (I can't find anything on their website). The printed magazine does have the answers for the previous month's quiz, but these junk email quizzes never seem to have published answers. :(

My answers were:
  1. Boba Fett, IG-88, Bossk, among others
  2. Darth Plagueis
  3. David Lynch
  4. Sy Snootles
  5. Kowakian Monkey-lizard
  6. Large bat-like creatures that live in space (and sometimes inside giant space slugs).
  7. Both Ponda Baba (aka Walrus Man) and Dr Evazan
  8. Captain Needa
  9. Admiral Ackbar
  10. Gorse Bendak used the alias Bendak Starkiller. The original name for the character Luke Skyalker in early drafts was Luke (or Annikin) Starkiller.
  11. Crix Madine
  12. The 501st Legion - a worldwide group of Star Wars fans who costume-wearers
  13. Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
  14. 55, according to the Wookieepedia list at http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/LucasArts which includes one cancelled game and one "TBA" / as yet unreleased game.
  15. Parker Bros
  16. Gremlins (although terming that "horror" is a bit of a stretch).
  17. Sebastian Shaw
  18. Once - Luke says it at the end of the movie to Lando and Chewbacca when they set off to search for the frozen Han.
  19. Stormtrooper Commander Daine Jir
  20. On the Outer Rim planet Sernpidal (although Disney's take-over may well change that)
  21. BBY and ABY - Before / After the Battle of Yavin (at the end of Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope)
  22. A potato, a sports shoe / sneaker, and other things (reportedly) were used in the background of the asteroid scenes.
  23. An altered version of an elephant's bellow combined with the noise of a car driving on a wet road.
  24. Paul Walker