Star Wars Insider...

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
I have a simple question... is Star Wars insider the only magazine that prints half an article and then expects you to pay for an online service to read the other half?

Barada

Saboteur
I wouldn't doubt it. I think it's all a part of Lucas' vision to one day be totally digital.

It's not like they cut you a deal either. Being a member of the Star Wars Fan Club nearly requires a bank loan these days. No wonder people are so critical of Lucas.

Barada

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Its a real shame that the whole merchandise / fandom thing has taken on this edge of scalping people. Every figure gets re-issued multiple times, every so-called limited edition gets a new lease of life in a slightly altered state....etc

The latest one to cheese me off is the mini sabers. First they come out with 3 sabers (Luke, Windu, Obi Wan - Ewan). Cool, lets get one of each, they're nice!

Then you find out theres another Obi-Wan version, this time 'as first built' with the Alec Guinness model. Follow this with the 'weathered' UK excusive Alec model. At this point you discover 5% of the run are 18c gold.........then they reveal a Luke version thats completely chrome and an ebay exclusive.....All this is just the first wave - 9 sabers (unless I missed one?) for a wave of 3.

Most of the non standard versions are going for mortgage style money....

Its all happening again now with the Sith wave ( Vader, Maul, Dooku).

Just a small example of greed setting in and beginning to turn solid fans and collectors away.

Right, down off the soap box now.... :)

Jedi 1073

New Recruit
I really don't think Lucas has that much "hands on" with every thing, it's most likely the fan club President responsible for this incursion. Sure you can blame him for a lot of things, but not every thing.

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
I wasn't blaming Lucas... but I do think it's absurd, especially since the quality seemed to take a major hit when they switched companies...