Star Wars Fighter Pods

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
"Jeez, I'm out of it for a little while and everyone gets delusions of grandeur!"

I got all the Series 1 Fighter Pods when they were released, but Series 2 never made it down here properly - only the 4-packs and the 8-packs at rather expensive prices in one chain of grocery stores. (My collecting was also not helped by some expensive bills - roughly US$550 to fix my car for a start plus catching up on the novels thanks to hopeless local bookstores. :()

Last week I noticed the 8-packs were cheaper, so I bought them and have just ordered the 12-packs on sale from a webstore. There's still plenty of 4-packs around (currently still at full price though), but first I'll have to find the exclusive figures from the 2-packs somehow so I can try not to end up with too many duplicates.

BUT,
when doing a Google search for a checklist, I discovered there's now not only a Series 3, but also a Series 4 and some strange tin collections, as well as "Rampage" added to the name ... good grief, I've fallen behind on these. :rolleyes:

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
THere are two tins, which consist of a few new figs, and a lot of army builders. Both are Target exclusives here, and the Yoda one is new and not shipping in quantity yet (my store still has tons of Maul tins). Rampage is the new addition to the title, probably to help boost sales. As neat as these are, I don't forsee them lasting many more series.

LMK what ones you are missing, I may be able to help you out. I have a nearly complete series 2 set, some Series 3, and no series 4 yet.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
So far I've only got the two Series 2 8-packs (X-wing and Imperial Shuttle). The two Series 2 12-packs (Speeder Bike and Drop Ship) are on their way from the webstore, so until those arrive the only figures I definitely know I'm missing are the "exclusive" ones from the 2-packs. There's still plenty of 4-packs on the pegs at the various branches of the Countdown supermarket chain here priced at about US$12.66.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
My two series 2 12-packs did arrive, but I haven't had a chance to open them yet to see which figurines they are ... I haven't even had a chance to open the two 8-packs either. They're all sitting in the boot / trunk of my car waiting. :(

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I fainlly got around to opening my 8-packs and 12-packs, and I also bought four 4-packs. From these I've managed to get all of the figurines except the "exclusive" ones from the 2-pack mystery bags. :) About 19 duplicates as well.

One peculiar thing though. According to the checklist in the packs, the #2-41 Clone Trooper is an exclusive with the Speeder Bikes 12-pack and the #2-42 Clone Pilot is an exclusive with the Dropship 12-pack ... but in mine they were reversed. :unsure:

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
They were reversed here as well.....seems to be a mispack done at the factory level that was never corrected. Probably a good thing, as mixed packs would result in people missing out on one of the figs.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
It's alive!! Been a few days of "server error" messages, :(

All of the Star Wars Fighter Pods Series 2 packs have finally arrived in one chain of stores here in New Zealand. I already got the bigger packs from the local supermarket chain (which had the smaller packs) and Amazon (for the big packs), but I didn't have any of the blind bags.

I've now bought a pile of those (luckily in a "buy one, get one free" school holiday toy sale) and annoyingly they're just two completely random Pod figurines in each, so there's no guarantee of actuallu getting an "exclusive" one ... which means I've now got a big pile of duplicates, including three spare Tusken Raiders and two spare MagnaGurads, but none of the other four "exclusives". :(

Does anyone need any Series 2 figurines or have any of the other blind bag "exclusives" to sell / swap?
#30 Count Dooku, #31 Clone Trooper (helmet off), #32 Mace Windu, and #34 Obi-Wan Kenobi (young)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I'm looking for a Mace Windu myself. I suspect buying loose off of ebay will be the cheapest way to acquire them, although if you have a small LED keychain flashlight, you can sometimes make out what figures are in the blind packs. Depending on which series, the hologram figs show up really well when backlit...and the little air-hole in the bag can sometime be a giveaway as well.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Hmmm ... they do have the Lego Star Wars Keyring LED torches on the same shelves as the Figther Pods. Not sure I'd see any of the figures through the bag that I need though. :(

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
True. But it is helpful in eliminating that one of the figures is a hologram, allowing you to focus on the other figure and maneuvering it to one of the white areas to get a look at its face. Admittedly this is easier said than done sometimes, due to the paper insert. But if did have some luck with I think series two packs, locating a Tusken by this means.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I was going to try that today, but the Lego LED torches are wired into the boxes at the top and bottom, so the light can't be put against the bags.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
For what it's worth, I suspect series 4 will be the last SW pods series. They don't seem to be doing that great, although they did introduce a Spider-Man line and Toys R Us picked up a Star Trek series.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
We've still got large piles of Series 1 4-packs around down here in New Zealand, and that's now be joined by huge piles of Series 2 packs at the Farmers chain of stores. My nearest Farmers branch is so full up with Fighter Pods that they've only go about a dozen ancient figures on the pegs ... my guess is that Hasbro NZ couldn't get rid of the Series 2 packs, and then Farmers bought them all at a reduced price.