silver this and that

Nightwing

New Recruit
when will they stop producing silver figures for no reason?

Next?

It looks like silver Snowtrooper

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Hasbro have all these warehouses full of unsold / unshipped stock (thanks to their silly packing scheme). Some bright spark there came up with the idea of simply re-spraying them silver and selling them off as "special" or "exclusive" figures to get rid of them at a profit. ;)

Barada

Saboteur
hah, I just saw a post elsewhere today saying a Sandtrooper was next. I wasn't posting anything until confirmed, but I actually agree with Nightwing for once. ;)

Let's stop with the silver releases - it's going to take away from how special ones like Vader were.

Barada

dustrho

S.C.A.L.P. Wpns Supplier
There's really only one figure I'd like to be painted silver and that's C-3P0. I'd love to see him silver instead of gold.

But yeah, I'm starting to get sick of the silver figures. The Darth Vader figure was supposedly silver, but it's really not silver. Don't really know what true color it is, but I love it. Luckily I was able to get one through the Fan Club. So why can't they make these figures look as good as the Darth Vader special figure. Take a look at it here.

I bring up the fact about the Darth Vader figure because it was very well made. The R2-D2 was made pretty well too. But the Boba Fett and soon-to-be-released Clone Trooper are just spray painted with silver paint. They don't look that great IMO. The Boba Fett I got doesn't look good at all really. Just spray painted silver... :rolleyes:

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I agree. Vader was neat, unexpected, and cool if you got one cheap.

R2 was acceptable mainly for customizing/EU purposes. It was fairly easy to get, but they put his legs on backwards for frig sake. :mad:

Fett was neat, but pushing it. True, they do say you need three to have have a collection, but mainly, it was a pain in the ass.

The Clone Trooper is a waste of time and money. I hope it costs a flat $5, and be done with it. No more silver figs. Somebody get Rebelscum to post a poll to that effect.

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
Just Hasbros way of pushing the idea (cash cow) further. When will they listen to the collectors in regards to "limited Edition" stuff and what we want. (probably never). The recent fans poll (number 5 i think) was further evidence of this, figures which have been done before....I say stop the Silver stuff now too, get on with fresher ideas....

Barada

Saboteur
Originally posted by dustrho
There's really only one figure I'd like to be painted silver and that's C-3P0. I'd love to see him silver instead of gold.

We have that figure. It's called TC-14. :p

Barada

dustrho

S.C.A.L.P. Wpns Supplier
Originally posted by Barada
We have that figure. It's called TC-14. :p

I know we have him, but I want a Silver C-3P0 figure. Of couse you could always pretend that TC-14 is truly C-3P0, but what fun would that be? :p

How about these being turned silver (this is a joke... I repeat this is a joke!)...

- Silver Lott Dodd
- Silver Mace Windu Arena Confrontation
- Silver Dhjas Puhr (sp?)
- Silver Zam Wesell

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
Well they still have millions of those floating around in their warehouses, shouldn't be a problem......;)

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
...hmm...I have this images of Nightwing spray painting his middle finger silver and sending a photo of that to hasbro. Special Edition.

Nightwing

New Recruit
Originally posted by Borsk
...hmm...I have this images of Nightwing spray painting his middle finger silver and sending a photo of that to hasbro. Special Edition.
Over here it's two fingers, not the one, so reverse the peace sign and you have the opposite of peace :)

I imagine they will do a figure of some sort for the DVD release. I would like to see a golden Luke done from the original mold

dustrho

S.C.A.L.P. Wpns Supplier
Originally posted by Borsk

I'd do it too if it helps things out.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Originally posted by Nightwing
I would like to see a golden Luke done from the original mold
Good grief, NO!

That original figure was useless. Many of the heads simply come off - I know my original Luke has now had surgery and has a steel bolt (well, screw) holding his head in place. :(

Besides if they start on gold figures, they'd then have two "exclusive" brands!

I can't say I'm that impressed with the silver figures anyway. They look rather silly and "unpainted". Maybe if they'd used metal instead of simply spraying the same plastic figure they'd look better.

A silver C-3PO and R2-D2 might have been a good idea for the Silver Anniversary of Star Wars, but it's now simply a money making exercise - especially for the scalpers on eBay.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Going back a few posts, you all forgot about the Silver Joh Yowza figure.

Or better yet, the silver POT2 Rebel Fleet Trooper (Commemortating one of the crappiest figures to date) :D

And yes, giving Hasbro the Silver Middle Finger Award is brilliant.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Don't give them more ideas.

If they do that then we'll start getting silver "variations" - one with a beard, one without a beard, etc.

Nightwing

New Recruit
Originally posted by Buzz Bumble
Don't give them more ideas.

If they do that then we'll start getting silver "variations" - one with a beard, one without a beard, etc.
you're thinking of the endor rebel trooper. POTF2 rebel fleet trooper was modeled after Ahnuld!