Screen Tests

Kooka Lives

New Recruit
A friend of mine got a hold of a copy of some of the orginal Screen Test for Star Wars.
:rockon:
This is what Lucas needs to put on the DVD release. Just listening to what that draft of the script was like was great, even though it really needed work. You cna pick out so many aspects that got scattered through the film.
:worship:
Seeing Kurt Russel reading for Han was a blast. He really did a good job of it. Carrie Fisher was the obvious choice, the other actresses just did not have it at all.
:vader:
It makes you wonder what things could have been like if Lucas had gone with some otehr actors.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
I have no problem with the actors from the Originals...ask this question in the Prequel Trilogy forum and you might get a different answer out of me! :evil:

There's probalby tons of cool stuff that they could add to DVDS of the original 3 movies. But it would appear that we will all have to wait a loooong time to see them. :(

Tristan

Scout and Bounty Hunter
Patience my young padawan...

Patience?

I for one waited 16 years for a movie about a boy and his Gungan...

My patience is boundless.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
:laugh: Oh, I have patience...I'm just pointing out that the rest of us probably won't be seeing the same sort of stuff that Kooka Lives is seeing now for a little while longer.

I'm sure the E1 DVD (not to mention the new movies) will be more than enough to keep me *calm* for now. :)

Kooka Lives

New Recruit
Yeah

I agree, I would not change the casting for the orginal saga at all. Looking at some of the people that tried out just made me wonder how things could have been. With several of those who read for Luke it was obvious why they didn't get the parts. One guy sounded like he was hitting on Ford with his tone of voice. Another was bigger all around than Ford and read in too agressive a tone. You could see that Hamil and Ford just had the right feel together.

BlueHarvest

New Recruit
It would be great...

It would be great to see the SNL's version of the SW screen test's included with the trilogy DVD set (when it eventually get's released!)

Spacey was gut splitting!

"What the hell's a Wookie?"

Talon

New Recruit
I think it could easily be included on DVD should Lucas choose to do so. It is something that a lot of fans would be interested in seeing. Of course you would have to get in the deleted scenes and all that other good stuff as well. Why not include screen tests too.
I like the actors that were chosen for the OT and I couldn't even imagine seeing anyone else playing the role of those characters.