Sarasotarockstar's SW Weekends Autograph Report

Matt

New Recruit
Great report and pics sarasotarockstr! I've never been or known much about these weekends so it was good to get the lowdown.
I particularly liked Anthony wanting to be greeted with the ewok chant, most amusing. Also, it looks like the empire have let themselves go a bit! I think a couple of the Scout Troopers might struggle getting on their speeder bikes (pic 142), one too many pies maybe.
Cheers.

Sarasotarockstr

I am the fool who follows
HA! Yeah, I might have commented to a friend that the 501st might want to hire a personal trainer...

Anthony was great to me throughout the weekend and even better to Kelly. LOL.

Guess we were some of the lucky ones. :)

Jedi_Joel

Agent
Bret, man I really wished I could of tagged along with you guys this year, but unfortunatly the Air Force had other plans for me as far as C4 and SW Weekends went. I'm glad that the both of you had such a memorable time there. The good new is that with the way the Air Force works, I should be able to make SW Weekends next year! :)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Those are some amazing stories and experiences Bret! I'm glad you took so much time and effort to detail them all for us. It's almost like we were there. :D

Chewie

The Mighty Wookiee
Yeah, thanks a lot for taking the time to post all that! I really enjoyed reading it all! Wish I lived near Disney World enough to go there every weekend in June... and I agree with what Skel said - It's almost like we were there. :p

and in regards to the 501st, I've seen a few members walking around at a local con one time - I found it rather amusing to see a 400 pound Boba Fett walking around. I don't know how in the hell the sarlaac had room for a side dish of skiff guards.... :D

Sarasotarockstr

Glad you all enjoyed the reports and stories. I really enjoyed writing them.

The quasi-leader of the 501st that I talked to, a guy named Dale, was RIPPED. Marine. So maybe he'll whip them into shape?

The whole experience has Kel & I pondering a trip to Dragon Con as well so this may not be the last of my reports from cons. :)

Sarasotarockstr

Here's a "group photo" from the final day of Star Wars Weekends I thought I'd share. I'd say 85% of these folks were at every single weekend, most showing up before sunrise. Warwick was nice enough to get in the photo with us, as well as some of the Disney folks that ran the event. Good stuff!

Attachments

• SWW%20GROUP%20W%20Warrick - Copy.jpg
    SWW%20GROUP%20W%20Warrick - Copy.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 370

Sarasotarockstr

We are indeed. Though we got there at 1AM that morning so I wouldn't say we're looking our best! LOL.

If you look dead middle of the photo you'll see a girl with red hair and a 1,000 watt smile. That's Kelly. Right behind her is a guy in grey with glasses on. That's me - my contacts weren't cooperating that morning so I opted for the glasses.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Oh...ok. :) I thought that was Kelly but I couldn't pinpoint you. Must be something about Bothan Spies blending into the crowd. As if they were spies or something. Eerie. :p

Jay

New Recruit
Thanks for sharing the great stories. Very entertaining! I'd love to go to SW Weekends one of these years.

Sarasotarockstr

Thanks Jay. I really enjoyed writing the updates. Hope you can make it down next year - anyone from the forum that does I'll buy them a beer at the Primetime Cafe. :)

Sarasotarockstr

They're all there. They're in the albums. I need to upload a photo into the main directory that says "choose an album above to begin..."