Power

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
For those that are unaware, a <A HREF="http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/2578764.htm">severe ice storm hit Kansas City</A> during this past week and knocked out power for a great deal of the surrounding area. Unfortunately, this meant that our server was without power (and 6 hours worth of battery time didn't quite cut it). Currently, the server is running off a generator until full power has been restored. The possibility does exist that we could experience more technical difficulties while we try to recover, so please be patient while the situations is resolved. Thanks.

A few things to note:
  • Any e-mail that you may have sent to us during the past week did not reach us. You will have to send it again.
  • The deadline for the Custom Bothan Contest has been extended until next Tuesday. So this means that February 5th will be the last day that we accept entries.
  • The scheduled Friday night chat will be rescheduled. Look for more info on that soon.
Once again, I'm sorry for any inconvience that this may have caused and I'm doing everything I can to get the site back to normal. Thanks for your patience.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
The generator should work out fine until they can get this mess fixed. There's still a lot of people without power from what I understand.

Deathstar

Visit vacation paradise!
Happy to have you all back. Felt kind of empty not having the SPY around.
I have seen convoys of New York Utilities trucks leaving this area during the night on Friday and thought perhaps they might be headed your way. When we had our Long Island ice storm, a couple of years ago I saw utilitity trucks from Ohio and Illinois here helping to clean up the mess. Nice to know that power companies do support each other and get the customers power back asap.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
UPDATE

The server was down for about 5 minutes last night while it was taken off the generator and tapped back into real power. :dance:

There should be no further problems.