• I read it on the front page

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • I read it in the forums

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
I've been thinking about this for a little while now. The General Discussion forum is not being used in the way it was intended.

Basically, I think that any post made should go in the approriate forum and IF there isn't an appropriate forum, it should go in General Discussion. For example, the recent posts about celebration 2 should have been placed in the Convention Forum and not in General Discussion.

If I start moving some of these posts to more appropriate forums, will that upset anyone? Now's your chance to speak up on the subject.

I will probably sit down and take a look at all of the previous posts in General Discussion and we'll have a mass exodus of threads to their new homes. Try to put future posts in the most appropriate forum that you can find. Again, any comments on this need to get thrown out there now. I know several board members agree with me already.

----------------------------------

SECOND ISSUE:

How do you guys read the news? On the front page or in the forums? Vote in the poll.

Nightwing

New Recruit
As i was telling amshak, it would be nice to have a forum to talk about other movies, music, hobbies, non-SW topics stuff in general. He told me that this was basically the idea for general discussion, but looking through it, virtually all the threads are SW related.

Yes, this a a message board about Star wars, but it would also be nice to talk about other topics of interest. I for one, would like to know more about you all.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
General Discussion was intended to just be a backup for the other forums in case we didn't cover a subject or in case people wanted to talk about other movies, etc.

When the boards were smaller, back in the beginning, it was ok to just throw it in GD. But, now I think we should try to be more organized.

General Discussion was intended to be exactly what you just said.

BTW, The Bothan Spy celebrated its 6 month birthday last monday. Woohoo :drunk:

Barada

Saboteur
I agree Borsk. I didn't even think about putting my pics in the convention forum. Naughty me. Many of the forums receive little if any traffic, and I think this presents a great opportunity to get people visiting more threads. The longer they stay on the site navigating through threads, the more likely they will look at other sections, in my opinion.

As for reading news posts, I always go to the front page, but end up reading most of the articles through the espionage report forum. Since I go to the forums anyway, it makes sense for me to do it this way. However, many unregistered guests don't like forums, and so they most likely read all the news on the front page.

Barada

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
A few things...

1) I created a new store report forum called "General Retail Store Reports" where you can post information about sales and whatnot that occur at the national level.

2) I have begun cleaning out the general discussion forum and moving threads to the most appropriate category. Any questions on this can be answered here or by e-mailing me.

3) From this point forward I will be cracking down on the General Discussion forum by moving anything that would be better suited in a different forum. In the long run, I think this is for the best. We just need to get used to not posting "everything" in GD.

4) I will leave a re-direct when I move a post. This will make it easier to see where I put it. As always, you can use the SEARCH feature to find what you're looking for.