"Plastic Galaxy" - Documentary on the history of Star Wars toys

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
photo-full.jpg

Plastic Galaxy: The Story of Star Wars Toys
This is the documentary you are looking for

Plastic Galaxy: The Story of Star Wars Toys is a documentary in the works by Brian Stillman. Plastic Galaxy explorers the world of Star Wars toys and collectibles which I love.

Plastic Galaxy: The Story of Star Wars Toys is a new documentary that explores the groundbreaking and breathtaking world of Star Wars toys. Through interviews with former Kenner employees, experts, authors, and collectors, the film examines the toys’ history, their influence on pop culture, and the fond and fervent feelings they elicit today.​

Brian is currently raising funds for his film via Kickstarter and plans to release the film on DVD on August 23rd, 2012. I’m looking forward to checking it out!

YouTube trailer

Jedi Daniel

Geek Jedi
I've heard lots about this but still not seen it. Looks like the only way to buy it is via Amazon, however it's Region 1 DVD and won't play on my players :(

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Are you sure about that? According to the official website, the Amazon.com website, and various other websites it is "Region 0" / region-free / All Regions.

Some DVD players do still have problems though. I've got one of the Lego Star Wars DVDs that says it is Region 4 and plays fine on the old laptop, but our horrible cheap DVD player refuses to play it (but works fine with every other Region 4 DVD so far).

Otherwise, do a Google search for your model of DVD player and "unlock" or "region free" to see if you can unlock your DVD player. Many have a way to do it by mucking about with button combinations.

The Amazon.com website does say that it is in silly American "NTSC" format, which your DVD player or TV may or may not have a problem playing - most these days can auto-switch formats.

Last edited:

Jedi Daniel

Geek Jedi
It may work then even if in NTSC, I just assumed being US it would be Region 1. It's ashame it was never released on Blu-Ray though.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Erica and I own the dvd.....it's very nicely done. Just checked and the case says it is Region 0. Not sure if it helps any, but it is also available for online download now.

Jedi Daniel

Geek Jedi
Finally saw it the other night. It was okay. I found it too short and the humour in it juvenile. I however did learn a thing or two so that's a plus.