New Trading Forum

BarneyFife

New Recruit
I think we need another trading forum, for miccelaneous items like trading cards cups etc, non action figure items per se. Just at thought, might prevent a beurocratic mess.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Anything that gets posted can be searched for using the "search" button. At this time, I don't think people are having any trouble locating what they're looking for.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
we're not to a point where hat is needed. what i have found, is that everything comes back to the action figures. it's a trade list, put whatever you want on there that you would trade, and if you have something unusual, put that in the subject line.

Barada

Saboteur
Actually, maybe this wouldn't be a bad idea. Maybe a forum for non-Star Wars items? I know many people, including myself, have toys other than Star Wars that we collect. Should we just add them to our regular trade pages?

Barada

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
This is my opinion.

It is much easier for people to put all their stuff in one trade list. Otherwise, it confuses people that are looking at what you have to offer. The real issue is whether you want to sort trade lists by items or by trader.

Following this logic, we really shouldn't have a vintage and non-vintage trading forum.

I can elaborate on this some if it doesn't make sense.

I want the forums to be as easy to navigate as possible and I take every suggestion seriously. Convince me that we need a trading forum for every different series...

BarneyFife

New Recruit
That is a good idea borsk, someone may think there getting an orange card sandtropper but end up with a green. But then you can't trade corss series,,,

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
My point is that most people don't trade one brand/series/line of stuff for ONLY another figure from that same brand/series/line. So, it makes it harder for people to trade when they have to look at 4 or 5 different lists (in different forums) to see what one guy has.

It is my opinion that a person's trade list should be confined to one spot (which means one thread in one trading forum). You should definately make it clear how you're sorting your stuff, however.

Anyway, that's the way that makes the most sense to me. Let me know if you have a better way to organize the trading forum(s).

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
You'll have to convince me too.

I was against the idea of the "vintage" trading forum, because so far there have only been two post in that section, both by the same member.

It is much easier for people to look at what you have to offer and what you want, in on post or thread. If you are not interested in trading something like a star wars figure for a simpsons figure, then my suggestion is that you seperate them into two different threads and use the "post subject" to distinguish what list they will be viewing.

as we grow, this may change, but for now, i think that there is only need for one trading section.

personally............if you post a trade list and from that trade list you tell me to check out your list in another section, i'm going to skip it and go on to the next trade list.

Check out Darth Dave's List. In my opinion, that is the easiest and best way to communicate to others about possible trades.

"the more you overtake the plumbing, the easier it is to clog up the drain."..............oops, that's not star wars.

ps. darth dave, if you generate any trades from this post, you owe me:smooch:

I'm not saying that i am completly against the idea, i just don't think that it is needed at this time.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Keep in mind that threads will no longer show after they've been inactive for 30 days. Individual users can change this setting in their control panel if they wish (it's set to defaults to 30 days).

How this relates to this post? I just bumped Darth Dave's trade list so that you guys can see it w/o having to adjust your settings.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone else have an opinion on this? Do you like the trading the way it is currently setup? Are there ways it could be improved? What's the best way to organize a trade list?

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
I usually use the "search" function on the boards to see if anyone has any thing to trade that I want. I think as long as the individual posts have their trade lists broken into categories, (POTF2, EP1, POTJ, etc...) it works fine. But I'm not a huge trader, so what do I know anyway? :p

Barada

Saboteur
Someone suggested that a setup like Darth Dave's would work for everything. I think my setup on my list was already similar to his. It wouldn't be hard to add a section for Other Toys to my list. I think in the subject header, you can list main titles (eg. Star Wars, Simpsons, Barbie, etc.).

The only drawback is that some lists will become exceptionally big, and there will be people that won't want to read the entire list. Maybe if there is a large list, we can start two threads, dividing our list in half.

That's my idea anyway.

Barada

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Well, here's another idea to break it up. Start a thread about the Star Wars stuff that you have to trade and then *reply* with a any other lists.