new saga figs

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Here are some pics of the new saga figs.

Thanks to Cb2k for the pics and rogueace2000 for the names. :)

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Acklay Battle)

Attachments

• saganewobiwan.jpg
    saganewobiwan.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 384

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
a wind-up toy...guess the 12 inchers will have a drawstring and quote lines form the movies next.

"may the swartz be with you!"

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
Its about time they made another dooku. The other one looked kind of sad. I like the mace, but the thing that looks like a lollipop kind of ruins it.

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
Maybe its like a key that goes in and out to turn his saber. Stupid idea either way.

The stands on some of the figures will be nice. Then we wont have to buy stands. :)

Too bad for realstands though:(

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
Here is the deal with Windu's lollipop:

The wheel on his back, once turned, will activate a different kind of action feature, a slashing movement, which is said to be more "natural."

The arms on Mace will be made of a flexible plastic with a small metal rod inside. When the wheel turns his arms will move more "realistically"

That's it for Mace's lollypop.

If the feature works properly and it is well accepted by collectors, Hasbro plans on adding it to the movement of other Jedi.

Oh boy! give them three more wheels and they will turn them into cars! .... I just about had it with these protruding gadgets!

Nightwing

New Recruit
I just about had it when they first showed up on AOTC! Screw articulation, make way for crap :(

They are modern day versions of the DC super Powers figures!

Guttersnipe

New Recruit
They look pretty cool. I like the idea of bases for them.
I really don't see the need for another Dooku but I guess he is bound to go the way of Maul, having 5+ figs with minor differences:(

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
Yup, I agree the bases are a neat idea and one I truly give two thumbs up. But as far as action features is concerned, I rather have a nice looking sculpt with extra articulation such as wrists, biceps and knees than any of these "oh my God, what is growing on my back" levers and wheels.

The idea used on Jango Pilot was great. A well hidden feature within the jetpack which gives him quick-draw action by just pressing down on the rocket; although the figure lacks the extra articulation, this kind of nicely disguised action is something Hasbro should use on other sculpts; it gives the figure the extra play without detracting from its overall appearance.

As far as Dooku, well, he is a main character and as we all know Hasbro has a tendency to overproduce them. Remember they still direct the line mainly to kids, wrongfully thinking they are the ones buying most of the toys and like so, they assume kids will go for the more recognizable names. Take for instance Jango Fett, there's already 5 of them since the movie came out, that gives him a ratio of one per month. By the end of next year who knows how many Dooku's and Jangos thre'll be.

Guttersnipe

New Recruit
I hope the new Dooku has no features, then maybe I will be able to stand it up. My Dooku can't stand on his own and his feature is pointless so maybe it will be an improvement.

Guttersnipe

New Recruit
My cape is fine on Dooku, it is just too heavy and overbalances him. The split in his waist is a bit of a pain but I can live with it.
I just can't justify at the moment buying another just because he has a bit of rubber lightning.

Nightwing

New Recruit
the only feature I like, is Zam's quick draw feature. the action is nicely hidden. No big button sticken out.