New items/clearance at Walmart

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Stopped at Walmart yesterday and found that they had reset the toy aisles. They had several pegs (9?) for the new E3 figures, and had gotten in a couple cases of the 2005 figures, including the reissues and the three Cantina aliens. These figs are now $5.88 :flame:

They also had 6 pegs for Unleashed, and had gotten in the Dooku/Vader/Mace wave, much to my wallet's dismay.

Also 3-4 pegs for Cartoon figs, but only 2 reissues left.
Surprisingly, Walmart has Spawn figures available again. :)

So where'd all the older figs go? They clearanced them. All the saga and OTC figures (including Madine wave) were $2.25. All there VOTC figs are $5.00 (all they have is ANH figs though.)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Stopped in again today. They had the new Diecast ships (Falcon, TIE, X-Wing, and Slave I). I snagged the Slave 1 since I missed it last time around. It was $5.

They also got in another case of Cartoon figs, adn I managed to get two of the colorful CLone Troopers. I think i got blue and yellow. Just got home from work and haven't double checked :p

They marked the old OTC figs down from $2.25 to $2.00. Darth ader figure cases were $7.50, adn teh Millenium Falcons were $35.00 Here's hoping the Falcons drop even more.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
At least you guys can get SOME stuff. Anything that appears over here is generally the most common stuff and starts life at €9 (about $12 or a liitle more at todays rate).

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
i was able to pick up 2 unleashed figures (aayla and chewie) for $5 each. the basic figures were $2 and the votc were $5. none of the figures cases have been available around here for quite some time.

imo, target has the better clearance prices though. i picked up a couple of basic figures for $1.18 each and a falcon in good shape for $12 today. a week or so ago, i picked up some of the figures with the cup for $2.50 and the votc 12" luke and trooper for $7.50 each. now, i just want to know what happened to all of those exclusive slave 1's that barely made an appearance in my area.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Wow AmShak! Great deals. Almost makes me want to drive 45 minutes to my Target. Except the cheap stuff never lasts longs, and their selection in teh fall was sparse. Plus I'm trying to save money. I might actually make it to the Celebration. News on that as it develops.

JEDI FREIJAN

a.k.a. Darth Kraam
you guys get all the bargins. :flame:
If we had that pricing over here I would probly be divorced. :argue:

P.S. is there ant more cartoon figs left?

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
I can't believe the Cases at $7.50 each!!!..Damn good prices indeed... :banghead: ....just not heard of over here

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
JEDI FREIJAN said:
P.S. is there ant more cartoon figs left?

since the new toon figs are on the shelves, i doubt there are any of the older still around... i know they're not at any of my stores.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
My Walmart has a small handful of the newer cartoon figs and reissues. I think the first case or two sold out, and now they've slowed a little. They retail at $5.55.

Probably no problem getting reissues like Obi-Wan or Mace. General Grievous is sitting on the pegs. Maybe a few New Anakins. Possibly Durge and ARC Trooper. Maybe Asajj if she's been reissued, can't remember. They have about 12 figures total.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
AmShak said:
i was able to pick up 2 unleashed figures (aayla and chewie) for $5 each.
falcon in good shape for $12 today.

I think I'm gonna go sob in a corner......unleashed cost me about $30 each.....

Yoda Man

New Recruit
The only cheap thing at my Target are Figure cups for $2.00. I already own them all so I didn't really need them.

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
Hey Skel, if you see a animated first series Anakin, could you grab him and i'll fix you up please? i missed him before....

Ta

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I don't think I'll find a first series Anakin, as I don't think he was re-issued. But I'll keep you in mind if I do spot one.

As a side note, the first Anakin has a quesionable paint job on the hair and eyebrows. I looked at many when I got mine, trying to find one that didn't look sloppy to me.

Something I'd mention if I ever got around to reviewing them. :rolleyes:

Jedi_Joel

Agent
I don't even have a Wal-Mart near me! The only place that sells figures is Target, and we all know how they scalp with the new stuff.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
My Walmart got in the Transformers the other day, along with the motorcycles. They have clearanced their ROTS action figures at $4.00. An OK price, I guess, considering they kept the figs at $5.88 all year long :(

They seem to be clearing the way fo the new figs. The dept mgr even knew the new figs gad diff. packagng, although they didn't have any yet.