New here

starwarssisters

Junior Spy
Hi guys! I'm new here, and this is my first post. I've been browsing the forums for a while now, and it got me excited about TTM autograph collecting. I've sent out 12 requests so far, and 2 have came back, both successfully (Nika Futterman: signed my 2 4x6's plus hand written letter, Carrie Fisher: signed my index card and sent a signed 8x10).

I also wanted to say that I sent requests to Matt Lanter and Catherine Taber with your guys' addresses, and the both came back return to sender. I was also wondering if you guys knew san address for Kate Capshaw and/or an address for Natalie Portman.

Thanks guys!
Starwarssisters

Chewie

The Mighty Wookiee
Hello!

It's quite nice to see a new person interested in Star Wars autograph collecting! Unfortunately, this forum isn't quite as busy as it used to be several years ago. Most of the address listings on this site are at least a couple years old, and some are outdated (like the two return to senders you had.)

Hopefully I don't offend the very few people that actually make the occasional post here every couple of months, but if you would really like to get into the hobby, I recommend two alternatives. You probably wouldn't have gotten a reply for quite awhile had I not coincidentally decided to check in on this forum today.

Firstly, I actually just created a site of my own last week that is dedicated to Star Wars autograph collecting. At the site, you will find an address database with well over a hundred listings for people involved with Star Wars and hundreds more to come. I hope you will consider joining. I would be more than happy to help you with questions about the hobby in the forums on my site.
http://starwarsttm.ucoz.com/

The second resource is the forums on a site called Rebelscum. In the autograph collecting forum of that website, there is a great deal of information posted on a daily basis by folks like myself who have been collecting for many years. You might find the information there a good resource.
http://forum.rebelscum.com/forum.php

I will give you a bit of important advice right off the bat, and tell you that most of the "bigger" cast members from the movies (ie. Natalie Portman, Liam Neeson, Samuel L. Jackson, Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, etc.) simply do not sign autographs through the mail. Most of their autographs go for over $100. I know it can sound a little discouraging at first, but trust me when I say that it is still a very rewarding and fun hobby once you slightly lower your expectations.

If you are interested in knowing more, feel free to keep in touch with me on my website via either the forums or contact page. I can't say how often I'll be checking in on these forums.

Best to you!
Zack

SWfan

Infiltrator
Welcome to the site, and congrats on your successes! :)

Here's current addresses for Matt and Catherine:

Matt Lanter
c/o Emerald Talent Group
15260 Ventura Blvd, Suite 1200
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
USA

Catherine Taber
c/o Sutton, Barth & Vennari
5900 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 700
Los Angeles, CA 90036
USA

If you have any questions or want to check if an address is up to date just post in the person's thread and I'll let you know. :) I check in pretty much every other day, I just don't login unless there's new posts to reply to.

Good Luck!

starwarssisters

Junior Spy
Thanks! Yeah, I was a little disappointed when I learned that some of my favorite actors/actresses in Star Wars and other movies don't even sign TTM, and I don't really want to fork over the ton of money for theirs. Oh, and thanks SWfan for the addresses- I found some others, but I'll definitely try those if the ones I found don't work. I've been using fanmail.biz for most of my addresses, but there are some that I just can't find anywhere, like the one I mentioned on my first post. Thanks again for all the help!
~Starwarssisters

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Hi, welcome to the site. :) Yeah, as Chewie said, a lot of the addresses on the site are now a little old. I haven't been active in ttm collecting in a while now....at one point in time I'd pretty much tried all the ttm Star Wars signers at the time...and was running in to a lot of dead ends. As you probably already know, the key to successful requesting is finding valid addresses. The best way to do through websites with a lot of active particiapation. The more current feedback there is on addresses, the better you can gauge your success rate. Definitely check our Chewie's site, and the Rebelscum forums. Back in the day I also used Wattographs Star Wars address database, and had a membership to StarTiger...a pay address database, with thousands of addresses. Back then Star Tiger didn't always have a lot of participation on the SW actors...but that may have changed now. And if a pay site if too pricey, you might go in on it with someone. At one point three of us shared an account, bringing the costs down to about $10 a person.

SWfan

Infiltrator
I use startiger for addresses. IMO it's the best address site out there. And it's only $5 a month.

starwarssisters

Junior Spy
Thanks again guys, for the help! I may sign up for Startiger in the future, but most of the addresses I've been able to find are on fanmail.biz. I'm just hoping some of my requests come back soon... I'm getting a little tired of going to the mailbox and not finding anything. :)

starwarssisters

Junior Spy
Also, I believe my Carrie Fisher auto is probably secretarial. :( Everyone who sent requests to that address got back photos that were all signed differently, including mine. Oh, well. I didn't really know anything about TTM that I do now when I sent it.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I got a secretarial from her years ago. Back then it was distinctly different from her real signature...and soon thereafter she started doing private signings and conventions again.

starwarssisters

Junior Spy
Also, I have a couple of IP autographs that I've collected. I have Ashley Eckstein, Dee Bradley Baker, and James Arnold Taylor that I collected at Star Wars Weekends this year, and another from Ashley Eckstein when she was visiting the Orlando Science Center for the Star Wars Exhibit.

starwarssisters

Junior Spy
Here are the pics... 100_4342.JPG 100_4347.JPG 100_4349.JPG 100_4350.JPG ashleyauto1.jpg ashleyauto2.jpg

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Very cool. I've met all the Clone Wars poeple at a con before...they're all really awesome people. I'm going to have to wait on judgement for the Carrie Fisher, but they look secretarial to me. The old secretarials were way different. These look like someone trying to match her signature...which is probably what secretarials should look like. My main reason for thinking this is, in my experience...she consistently writes her C large, so it is as tall as the F. In yours it is much smaller. Anyway, that is my opinion, based on looking at a signature I have, and other autehntic sigs online. Below is an example of a sharpie signature that should be authentic.

6112578959_18e8812300_m.jpg

And here is a pen signature, from a check date unknown. People's signatures evolve with time, and since checks aren't really returned anymore, I'm going with older. 70s-90s.

$T2eC16ZHJIIE9qTYLTMnBRrCmV)Lc!~~60_1.JPG

starwarssisters

Junior Spy
Thanks guys. I really appreciate your help. It of course is a little annoying to know that its secretarial... but hey, that was my first one. If I really want an autograph of hers there will always be another convention or something where I can. Until then I'll just have to wait on some of my TTM's to come back. Here are the ones I've sent out so far:

Tom Kane
Catherine Taber
Matt Lanter
Peter Mayhew
Billy Dee Williams (I know, I know, he probably doesn't sign. But on the reviews one person got back a say signature.)
Jim Cummings
Ray Park
Ahmed Best
Hayden Christiensen (again, I know I probably won't get anything back. Its worth a try, though)
Karen Allen
Chris Pine
John Williams
Jake Llyod
Mark Hamill
Harrison Ford (I'm just doing these last two for fun. I wouldn't mind getting some preprints.)

SWfan

Infiltrator
Good Luck! You should get replies from Tom, Catherine, Matt, Karen, John and maybe Jim, plus preprints from Harrison and Mark. Peter won't sign TTM for free, but you can buy his autograph from his website though. http://www.wookieewarehouse.com The rest of them... you probably have a 1% chance of getting a reply..

starwarssisters

Junior Spy
Yeah... I thought it might be worth a try, though... I hope I at least get my three topps cards I sent to Jake Lloyd back. I'm pretty excited to get back Karen and John. I also looked at Peter Mayhew's site, I may buy one sometime.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Yeah, autographs are pretty much Peter's only source of income, so he doesnt' sign for free unless it is some sort of charity benefit.

starwarssisters

Junior Spy
I got these back from the Harrison Ford address Saturday. :) I was surprised how fast it came back- it only took eleven days! The big Indy pic is really cool, although I thought it was a little odd they didn't have any Han photos. Who knows? Maybe I sounded like huge Indiana Jones fan.
100_4417.jpg indy1.jpg