Navigation problem...

Rancisis

Jedi Trainer
It seems that the navigation thing (the light-up buttons, like the "Underground") on the main page doesn't work for Netscape users.
Something that's starting to bug me, 'cause I just switched to using Netscape.

And since those link don't work for Netscape, it's real hard to view anything on your site...

I found a sollution for the problem though...
Instead of using this code:
PHP:
  <tr> <a href="http://www.thebothanspy.com"> 
    <td bgcolor="#454545" style="padding-left: 5 px" onMouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#333333'; this.style.cursor='hand';" onMouseOut="this.style.backgroundColor='#454545';" height="25"><font size="3" color="white" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>Home</b></font></td>
    </a> </tr>

Use this:
PHP:
<tr><td onClick="location.href='http://www.thebothanspy.com';" bgcolor="#454545" style="padding-left: 5 px" onMouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#333333'; this.style.cursor='hand';" onMouseOut="this.style.backgroundColor='#454545';" height="25"><font size="3" color="white" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>Home</b></font></td></tr>

This one does work with Netscape, I know this because I'm using this code on my own website...
I hope you understand what I changed, basicly I removed the "a href" thing and replaced it with a "onClick="location.href='" in the td...

--- Edit ---
You might take notice that your CODE tag doesn't parse right either, my post looked all screwy.
Changed it to the PHP now, tht one does look nice, with the color sheme and all:p

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
I don't do very extensive testing with Netscape or Macs. Call it lazy or whatever you want, so I don't always catch these things. Thanks.

Interesting fact of the day:

Appox. 90% of TBS users use IE and of those it's just about an even split between IE 5.5 and IE 6.0.

Rancisis

Jedi Trainer
Interesting fact, Netscape users coeld not navigate the site and thus probably didn't find the site a lot of fun...
Now that Netscape users can navigate too, I think the users will go up in the same way ;)