My Royal Guard helmet has arrived!

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Just wanted to run around proclaiming to all my joy. :p I ordered a life-size Royal Guard helmet last month, which finally arrived today. :D It's wonderful. For those who don't know, or have forgotten, my goal has long been to become a Royal Guard and join the ranks of the 501st. Well, I ordered a helmet from a dealer in Argentina. I first had to wait for it to be painted, then shipped all the way to Texas. The box looked horrible, but the helmet was in one piece!

I'll post pictures soon. So...now I have the helmet and pike. Time to get everything else.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
2700036197_a7f6321e47.jpg

2700034925_b6b743fa42.jpg

2700033607_4a08661df0.jpg

2700003279_3b3b2b0a5a.jpg

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
That helmet look totally awesome! Can't wait to see what you look like in it! :D Who are you having make the robe?? And how much is the cost for one of those helmets?? I'd like to add one to my collection! :D

RYAN-J

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Thanks Ryan. Yeah, the visor isn't attached yet.....I'll be doing that myself to allow for some air flow. This prevents fogging and keeps you from passing out. :p If you are serious about wanting a helmet....head over to www.forcepike.net and read up on them. There are a number of different styles...with varying prices....many requiring painting.

I didn't want to be bothered with painting, resizing, or any other details....so I went high-end and bought a fibre-glass helmet, with a glossy paint job from a well-known south american dealer. Shipping was very expensive, and even with a Paypal discount coupon...my grand total was $380. They can be obtained for less.....but shipping alone from SA is $120. :( There is someone on the forcepike boards who sculpted his own and will be making a few extras off his mold.....they look as good if not better than this one and he might be cheaper....and domestic.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
For an update on my costume, I currently have the helmet, pike, and boots (AOTC style black jack boots). Gloves are on order. I need inner robes, outer robes, and a rope belt.

This week I made a business trip into Dallas and was able to meet up with my friend Stephen from the Forcepike boards. He brought along his robes and gloves so I could check them out and take notes. I also got to try on his Shadow Guard outfit he is working on.

2851520943_e00ee26f4d.jpg

Wookiee Cookiee's Hello Kitty car meets Stephen's crimson 4SPYKE (get it... Force Pike).

2851522467_49b34916b2.jpg

Stephen points out I need to work on my Guard stance a little. ;)

2852358462_405ff25837.jpg

Skel as a shadow guard.