My new pet Falcon

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
So I finally snagged a Falcon this week, using a 10% discount and my employee discount. I must say, it's impressive. Check out the photos of it with my Golden Retriever, and compared to the older-sized Falcon.

On a side note, I'm considering driving it to work tomorrow. :p

2804874738_64dde6517c.jpg

2804873110_9ed122d025.jpg

2804870150_fbf99ef256.jpg

As far as features and sound effects, it's really amazing. I still wish there was more access for figures, but you do get a surpisingly amount of play area. The back of the Falcon does not open up, but the entire port cargo hatch "hallway" is used to hold the mini-fighter, and the cargo hold (which is accessible through doors near the medical bed) is actually quite large, taking up nearly a third of the covered back of the ship. So, you can a store a lot of figures in there.

The remaining space houses the batteries (3 x AA) and sound box/engine lights. Things I wish it had were.....a working cockpit door/hallway......for structural and lighting reasons....the "neck" is closed off. Again....more access to the back...the cargo hold is big....lots of room to add more features in. I think for the price a few more extras would have been nice too......like a 3-pack of mynocks.......a treadwell repair droid.....gas masks.....tool box to fall on Han....etc. Admittedly I already have most of these....but they would have been nice to throw in. Overall.....very cool. :D

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I'll try and preserve a little dignity by just saying it myself:

"That's no moon.....it's a bald spot we're approaching." :rolleyes:

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Holy Mackral! :eek: That is huge! Maybe when the price goes down REALLY low I may get one. :p

RYAN-J

Stevetrooper

Galactic Groundpounder
I have this too. very awesome. I agree on the cockpit door. that would've been nice, even if figures could not fit through easily. I would also have liked it if the interior doors that lead to the mini fighter could open. Also, they should've left out the firing missle gun barrels. It already has three missles in front. I also think the removable roof should have extended over the cargo hold. And it needs a lando hatch. And bigger chess table.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
That Falcon does look good (and large! I didn't realise it was that much bigger). I've got the original Falcon and won't be buying this one. The one thing that annoys me is the silly "mini fighter" - the Falcon does NOT have such a thing that I've ever seen mentioned anywhere. Simply a case of Hasbro ruining it by trying to make it look like you get more for the over-expensive price. :(

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I think the firingg quad blaster is a great play feature for kids....probably one of the cooler aspects. However, I do wish teh blaster missiles didn't have rounded edges (safety feature) and looked like the cannon.

Stevetrooper, on a side note you can display the bottom cannon on the top. However, the "peg" is smaller so it won't stay put for play.....and the top cannon won't fit into teh bottom turret. But if it is sitting in a diorama you would never see the difference if you swapped them out.

Stevetrooper

Galactic Groundpounder
I think I'm going to sand the ends of the barrels flat and dremel some small holes in them. Then I will glue them in and maybe cut or sand down the buttons on the sides that make them shoot. Either that or try to get a second bottom gun and secure it in place with some sculpey or something.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Try looking at Hasbro.com They used to sell spare parts if you look under the customr service section. If they don't have it for sale, you might be able to contact them and obtain one, especially if you have a sop story about moving acroos the country and losing a part and your son is really upset. ;)