Miniatures Scale AT-AT

Jedi Freezeman

Infiltrator
I really like the AT-RT detail.

Funny- our local mall had area model rail roaders displaying today. That's what made me go to the hobby shop and check out terrain material.

Think they'd notice if I threw a storm trooper in a display somewhere?

Carl Waterworth

New Recruit
Yeah! let the stormtroopers derail the train :guns:

If you have heard of a shop called gamesworkshop, thats where I got all my stuff from. If you do them, buy some 'purity seal' It puts a protective seal on it, to stop it all caming off!

Darth Daddy

New Recruit
I must hunt one of these down. I started playing the minis and stopped getting them. However, now I have a renewed interest...lol

Steve

Carl Waterworth

New Recruit
All you need to get is the attack on endor set (due out some time this month) comes with an ATST and some soties and maps.

AT AT and a couple of AT ST's would be awsome!!!

Jedi Freezeman

Infiltrator
Miniatures Custom Terrain

OK, here is my first shot at a custom. I'm actually hoping to make a mold from this and cast it in resin. This is as far as I have gotten... not much to look at yet, but I guess I was looking for some feedback... perhaps to give me motivation to complete it in a more timely manner :). Walk-way will have a hand rail and bridge to connect multiple 'trees' Oh- and of course the finished version would be painted...

Thought this would go well with the Attack on Endor packs just released.

Attachments

• Endor1.JPG
    Endor1.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 296
  • Endor2.JPG
    Endor2.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 299

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
are you talikng about casting it in plastic? latex mold? is that done with sculpy?

it looks good... just curious

Jedi Freezeman

Infiltrator
There is in internal clear plastic skeleton to give the structure support. The rest is sculpty. I plan on cutting out the doors and adding a 'room' inside the tree. The floor isn't made for that yet. I've clear coated the exterior so the sculpty wouldn't stick to a molding compound. I thought about using a latex base from a local hobby shop. But after doing a little research, I've heard silicon RTV is a more durable product for repeat casting (also more $$$) We use a 2 part urethane where I work. I was going to try that for starters.

Again- I am new at this and for the most part I'm winging it/ learning as I go. If anyone has any tips, I'm more than willing to listen :)

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
whatever works best for you is the way to go. i've never had much success with a 2-part anything, so i've always gone with something else. i would bake what you have there and see how strong it comes out. i've always been surprised with how strong sculpy becomes after it is baked.