Millenium Falcon Question

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
If you want to e-mail me the image, I can get a better idea of what we're dealing with and tell you exactly what's going on.

Barada

Saboteur
Stevetrooper said:
I have Microsoft paint 5.1 with my Windows XP. There's really not much to crop. I could print it and then scan it again to send it, but I don't know how clear it would be then. (not that Darth Boru still needs the pic...i'm sure he's cleared up that question by now. But it's still good to know for future use.)

I don't think it's so much an issue of cropping it as it is re-sizing it. Check out some of the command functions in your program, and see if there is a resize feature there.

Barada

Stevetrooper

Galactic Groundpounder
I think it took it but ther doesn't seem to be a link to the photo on my last post. I hit the quick reply button on the post before it, typed message, hit "go advanced", hit "manage attachments", hit "browse", chose the pic, hit upload, waited till done, then hit "post reply". What did I do wrong?

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Dunno mate.

Just trying it myself......errm.....I mean doing....as was pointed out.....there is no try :)

Attachments

• r2d2_holo.gif
    r2d2_holo.gif
    14.1 KB · Views: 312

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Seems to have worked fine for me, although the file I used is only 14kb.

Really should have used this image, given the name of the thread :)

Attachments

• Falcon2.gif
    Falcon2.gif
    13.5 KB · Views: 296

Barada

Saboteur
Stevetrooper said:
I think it took it but ther doesn't seem to be a link to the photo on my last post. I hit the quick reply button on the post before it, typed message, hit "go advanced", hit "manage attachments", hit "browse", chose the pic, hit upload, waited till done, then hit "post reply". What did I do wrong?

Try using the 'Post Reply' button on the bottom left corner of the last post, instead of the 'Quick reply' button. You will have more options for adding images that way.

Or you can email the pic to me, and I'll post it for you...

barada@thebothanspy.com

Barada

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Nice one Steve, welcome to the larger world.

On the original MF question - the picture you posted is EXACTLY what mine looks like - arm, string and ball. Even the colour of the string is the same :)

Barada, you got the same version?

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Stevetrooper said:
Woo Hoo! I've taken my first step into a larger world.
Just two suggestions:
Don't use awful BMP images. The filesize of BMP images is always huge, which is why you probably part of the reason you had problems posting it here. Instead save images as either:
  • GIF - when there's only 256 or fewer colours (eg. clipart)
  • JPG - when ther'es more colours (eg. photos)
Your original 400K BMP image can easily become a nice 13K JPG as below. It saves yourself and everyone else a ton of up/download time. :)

Also don't bother with an image resolution over 72dpi or 100dpi. Your original image is 180dpi which simply adds pixels that either won't be seen on-screen or makes the image larger.

As for the Falcon's training remote, that looks like a faceted ("disco" / polyhedral) ball, but mine's definitely a perfect sphere ... just a plain old black bead and is what came in the original box when I got it brand new.

Attachments

• Training Remote.jpg
    Training Remote.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 306

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Nice manouvre Buzz. Did you do this with paintshop, paint etc??? Just curious to know your favoured software for this kinda trick :)

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I only use Apple Macs, so I use either the shareware GraphicConverter or a copy of ColorIt (an old Photoshop competitor) that I got off a magazine's cover CD years ago. I do / did have an old version of Photoshop somewhere, but it's far too over-complicated for most of what I need to do, so I deleted it from my hard disk to save space.

But any GOOD bitmap / graphics applications these days should be able to save JPEG and GIF images. Not sure about Paint, but it is by Microlsoth after all, so that automatically disqualifies it from being "good". ;)