Midnight Madness

Barada

Saboteur
There is no such thing as a SW Midnight Madness in Canada. :toed:

Anyway, my son and I went to three stores yesterday afternoon.

All I saw for Royal Guards was the red ones, and not a single blue. I may be able to help grab some red ones for people, IF they're still there and if you don't mind tri-logo packaging.

Darth Tater's were at TRU, and my son has one that he basically hasn't put down since we got it. There were a few more - if Alf and/or WC needs one, let me know and I can probably get them for you. They were $9.99 Canadian, which should be around $7-$8 US.

Right now, my priorities are not standard issue stuff at all - I must take my time getting them. I really wouldn't mind the exclusive Lava Vader, Holo Yoda, or Wal-Mart Early Bird Certificate, since we don't get exclusive figs up here.

Btw, Wal-Mart up here didn't have a single item up here besides the Episode III repackaged Vader Voice Changers. No figs, vehicles, nothing. :(

Barada

Yoda Man

New Recruit
Just went off to K-mart and all I need is the Red Guard. There are plenty of blues, but none of the others. I'm still gonna keep looking. And BTW, Target figures are now $5 and K-mart are $5.50, just for the week.

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
wookiee_cookiee said:
We do have some cardboard displays, there is one with Obi-Wan in the Electronics dept, hopefuly I can get it before it goes into the compactor. :love:

They wouldn't let me have cardboard Ewan. The management must be scared that I'd sell it on eBay and they'd get in trouble or something. The garbage chute is his destiny now. Wah. :crying: What a yucky past few days!!I hope this week is better.

Jedi_Joel

Agent
wookiee_cookiee said:
They wouldn't let me have cardboard Ewan. The management must be scared that I'd sell it on eBay and they'd get in trouble or something. The garbage chute is his destiny now. Wah. :crying: What a yucky past few days!!I hope this week is better.
I asked about one of those cool lenticular displays at Target where you walk by it and it shows the Ani Vs. Obi Duel, but they had secured that thing like it was a million dollars, they duct taped it to the rack, put on a half a dozen store security tags, and then they said they'd trash it when they were done. :fume:

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
My walmart is having a drawing for the four feel the force stand ups. But I think the "friendly cashier" in the electronics dept is letting you put in as many entries as you feel like. I didn't realize this until I put in only one, and was running late for work. End result is, and employee's friend will probably get them all.

I'm still hoping to turn up some stuff at work. Pepsi and Lays haven't set anything up yet, at least not as of yesterday. I've got them on the lookout for me, but the Pepsi guy said some people were coming in to set up their displays, so he won't necessarily be doing it himself. :(

Yoda Man

New Recruit
This SUCKS!!! I finally got to my KB, and turns out, when they opened Saturday, they had 15 red guards. They didn't even sell out until Sunday afternoon!!!!! It never occured to me to go, although they were the only place to have the Yoda last time in 2002. They said they would get in another shipment Friday and would put one on hold if they had it. Hopefully I'll get one.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
it will probably turn out the the blue guard had the shorter production run.

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
I got Obi-Wan, Grievous, Anakin and Dooku Galactic Heroes today. No Darth Tater yet though. I checked Target, K-Mart & a different Wal-Mart.

edited to say:
I did see something no one has mentioned at Target. Ep 3 SW plush buddies! They have Yoda, 1 Threepio and a few R2's. I think they were $5.99 each. The new Yoda has some cool white hair, but I passed since I have the old school Yoda buddy. The tag said they make a Chewbacca and a Clonetrooper buddy also, but they didn't have any in the 2 boxes on the shelf.

Nightwing

New Recruit
I saw somew figures today, and boy, are they crap!

I had hoped that they had learned from last time and stopped with the stupid play feature, but nope!

I will get the red guard and r2dtoys has lava vader for £10 when it comes in

Jedi_Joel

Agent
Nightwing said:
I saw somew figures today, and boy, are they crap!

I had hoped that they had learned from last time and stopped with the stupid play feature, but nope!

I will get the red guard and r2dtoys has lava vader for £10 when it comes in

*sighs* May I remind you they are Action figures. They're geared towards little kids, just like back then with the vintage line.

Yoda Man

New Recruit
Seeing peoples posts, just wanted to say I found tons of Taters at KB for $8 and saw the buddies everywhere. I was wondering, how rare is the Darth Sidious Deluxe Figure? In all my runs, i only saw one. BTW, my toy connections have got my local KB, TRU, Walmart, and Target calling in on Friday as soon as they find a Red guard while unloading their shipments. YAY

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
AmShak said:
apparent;y the lava vader was available online, HERE, but no longer. we can watch this page to see if anything changes (it does say "Item available in 4-8 weeks")

the "4-8 weeks" thing is gone but you can now add your email address to be notified when it becomes available.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Some of the new figs are amazing, some are ok, and yes, some are crap.

@YodaMan: Deluxe Sidious is readily available here. However, I think the Anakin/Vaders are more heavily packed...that, or no one is buying them :D

Nightwing

New Recruit
Jedi_Joel said:
*sighs* May I remind you they are Action figures. They're geared towards little kids, just like back then with the vintage line.
may I remind you that the majority that buy these figures are adults

I wish they were more like the saga figures, which had more accessories instead of gimmicks. And I don't remember the vintage line having stupid action features(pop up lightsabre and lightsabre in arm do not count)

They remind me of the toybiz x-men figures now :(

Barada

Saboteur
Nightwing said:
may I remind you that the majority that buy these figures are adults

I wish they were more like the saga figures, which had more accessories instead of gimmicks. And I don't remember the vintage line having stupid action features(pop up lightsabre and lightsabre in arm do not count)

They remind me of the toybiz x-men figures now :(

Nightwing, your memory is lapsing.

Saga started off the exact same way. Remember Mace with that balloon sticking out of his back? A Saga figure. Lots more examples just like it in the first year of that line.

Why would the telescoping sabers in vintage not count? It is just as much an 'action feature' as the initial Anakin's saber in, ahem, the Saga line. Also, you have that nice lever behind EV-9D9's head that activates his working jaw.

I'm sure Hasbro knows who their primary market is concerning SW toys. However, they are in the business of selling to kids, and in a movie year, more kids will buy SW figs than in a non-movie year. Therefore, they try to entice the little ones with those silly features. Annoying to us, but completely unavoidable.

Btw, who has been rating the thread? I've never seen the feature used before...

Barada

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Barada said:
Btw, who has been rating the thread? I've never seen the feature used before...

I lowered the number of votes required to display a thread rating. This is an effort to encourage use of the feature.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Jedi_Joel said:

i understand this point and i agree but that doesn't mean they can't make a figure that looks good as well. i haven't had time to open or to really take a close look at any of the ep3 figures, so i will wait on making any comments about them .... but i will point directly at the happy meal R2-D2 that we got a while back. if i ever see "crap on a card" like that again, i'm gonna ..... um .... only buy one (maybe two) :twitch:

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I kinda like the stylized bases the figures come with. Some are quite nice...example the forest base that someof the Jedi come with. Simialr to the Dagobah ones, only this time around there are at least two differnt paint jobs, making them more interesting. On the downside..useless interlocking features on the metallic Coruscant bases. These metallic ones look awesome, but the connections are totally irrelevant. They are shaped such that you can't make a long wall....er...floorboard, or a platform, or anything. Wht bother designing such intricate interlocking joints if all you can create is abstract art?

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
btw, i found part of the wave 3 figures today at a walmart (1st time i had seen any figures above #32)