Master Replicas...

BlueHarvest

New Recruit
Quite a few people probably know this already, but Master replicas has this new fancy shmancy Collectors Society Membership offer now on:

Details:
o A full Darth Maul .45 Scaled Replica LightsaberTM* (MSRP $50)
o A personalized Membership Card and ID Number
o An exclusive CS 2005 embroidered patch
o The Replica Report featuring behind the scenes on how we make your favorite replicas
o Advance purchase on all Master Replicas releases
o Exclusive contests with the chance to win prototypes and Artist Proofs
o Special offers, discounts, & invitations
o The chance to purchase CS Exclusives

*This piece will be retired December 31, 2005 and is only available thru the Collectors Society Kit.
** Early ordering and CS membership exclusive offers will still be honored for existing members.

Additionally, you’ll receive a
o $100 credit toward the purchase of a Studio Scale Replica
o Two $50 credits toward a Limited Edition Replica or Helmet (sorry, not redeemable on Elite Editions)
o One $30 credit toward a Force FX Lightsaber
o Two $10 credits toward a .45 Scaled Replica

This combined value of $300 (one credit redeemable per purchase – valid on new orders only) can be yours
FOR THE GREAT PRICE OF
$59.95
(Domestic S&H included, additional $20 for international)
(Please allow 7 – 10 business days to activate your CS Membership)

I would get it myself, but I just couldn't justify the price after converting it to Canadian currency! Sigh..... :toed:

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
I know how you feel BH, it would be just about the same converting it to AUD too. Would be a pain even with sending it to over here.....

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
Being "foreign" and with the drastic amounts we pay in freight almost kills this for a lot of collectors.....just sucks bigtime alright...

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Major league sucks for sure!!

I've been collecting the mini sabers from the start, got them all so far except for the latest Yoda. Seems a tricky one to track down. Anyone out there spotted one yet?

I'm pretty sick at probably missing out on the Membership Maul Saber, but no doubt ebay and a wheelbarrow full of cash will sort that out :banghead: :toed: :censored:

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Indeed, it was seen....then viewed....drooled over....coveted...

Even tried to buy it - they weren't selling! Only by joining the club could it be obtained. Sadly they will only ship Fed-Ex outside the USA.

This would sound good, I hear you all cry. Alas, not so. Fed-Ex deliver your item, then a couple of weeks later send an invoice for customs charges with a $15-$20 ADMIN fee to Fed-Ex on top. I'm all for paying customs duty, this is right and proper, but an unmentioned surprise of an Admin fee just ain't right, so I refuse to have anything to do with Fed-Ex.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
They claim the admin fee is justified to cover the time they spend paying the customs duty up front.

Sadly they do NOT tell people about this admin fee (or the amount of the customs duty) at delivery time, but instead wait until weeks later to spring the surprise. I'm not sure how legal this practise is, but its certainly not fair. People should be told about additional costs at time of delivery at the very least.

JediSearch

S.C.A.L.P. Special Ops
Darth Boru said:
Major league sucks for sure!!

I've been collecting the mini sabers from the start, got them all so far except for the latest Yoda. Seems a tricky one to track down. Anyone out there spotted one yet?

I'm pretty sick at probably missing out on the Membership Maul Saber, but no doubt ebay and a wheelbarrow full of cash will sort that out :banghead: :toed: :censored:

Here's the scoop on the Yoda saber. (Only available at Comic Con)

http://masterreplicas.com/customer/blogs/blogs_list.php

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Okay, I'm gonna say this really loudly so everyone hears it :-

I WANT ONE OF THESE

Is anyone going to Comic Con who could maybe pick me one up?? Pretty please?
I've managed to get all the sabers so far, sometimes paying far too much for them on scambay. I've even bitten the bullet and ordered the Maul through MR. Yes, I know I've grumbled about Fed Ex in the past, but I'm willing to take the hit one time.

This saber looks awesome and its a MUST have. Any kindly souls out there? Send me a PM please if you can help.

Thanks.