Looking for Brian or Kevin Hurt, custom job needed

JediDaxter

Am I lovable? Hope so.
The card looks great! I've been offline for awhile due to a computer crash. But i'm back on! I'll drop you an e-mail when I've ordered the Jango Fett Kamino Escape carded figure (haven't been able to do that either).
Thanks alot for doing this for me.

JediDaxter

Am I lovable? Hope so.
Hey AmShak,

I forgot about getting the Jango Fett figure. I've been a little busy and short on cash. I've started a new job also. I should be getting a Jango Fett carded figure this week or next week. Can you pm me your address. When I have the figure I'll send it to you. Thanks.
David

Jedi 1073

New Recruit
Hi i don't know who is responsible for the great work done on those cards on post #15 but they’re awesome, which brings me to my question im looking for someone who can make a custom saga 04 card for Adi Gallia, Darth Sidious and Darth Maul to match the rest of my collection. I already have the figs but do not have the ability to create the cards myself, Im hoping someone can help me?

Ive enclosed a rough picture of what im looking for.

Attachments

• cards.JPG
    cards.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 336

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
All the stuff in this thread looks completely awesome.

Pretty cheeky of me, I know, given my complete ineptitude in these things, but does anyone have any ideas on how to go about making a custom figure? I'd dearly love to have something that resembled my avatar, both in a cardback and a figure. Any hints, suggestions, contacts greatly appreciated. Its been a thought in my mind to try this, but I know I'll just end up making a gawdawful mess! Very willing to pay for time and materials (not to mention expertise!).

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Thanks Jedi 1073, this file is the biggest I can upload. I do have oneother which hasa slightly better resolution, but its too big to attach. Obviously, this picis the original, untouched by the wizards at TBS, so no lightsabres.

Attachments

• brianboru.jpg
    brianboru.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 324

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Jedi 1073 said:
Hi i don't know who is responsible for the great work done on those cards on post #15 but they’re awesome, which brings me to my question im looking for someone who can make a custom saga 04 card for Adi Gallia, Darth Sidious and Darth Maul to match the rest of my collection. I already have the figs but do not have the ability to create the cards myself, Im hoping someone can help me?

your situation has an additional problem that does not exist with the jango we have been talking about. for the jango, we're re-using the original bubble for the figure. that wouldn't be possible with the ep1 figures. the soulution to this is to find a figure that has a bubble that would work. i have heard that you can take the figure and place it in the bubble, then take a hair dryer to it and the bubble will shrink around the figure. i have not tried this and i have no idea if it will work or if it looks good or not.

i'm currently having pc problems, so i won't be doing any images until i get it worked out.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Hey guys, just found this picture of 'Conan of Cimmeria' McFarlane figure.

Anyone reckon it'd be possible to make it look like my avatar? Maybe customise an unleashed (I think this is pretty large) and get a couple of lightsabre's from 12" figs? Any and all ideas greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• conan.jpg
    conan.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 324

Jedi 1073

New Recruit
Darth Boru said:
Hey guys, just found this picture of 'Conan of Cimmeria' McFarlane figure.

Anyone reckon it'd be possible to make it look like my avatar? Maybe customise an unleashed (I think this is pretty large) and get a couple of lightsabre's from 12" figs? Any and all ideas greatly appreciated.

I dont collect the 12" figs but the one in the pic looks like it wouldn't be too hard to customize. The reason i haven't posted back was that i was trying to figure a way to get the look you wanted, and silly me i was focused on 3 3/4 figs. How tall is that conan fig? You could use an unleashed Lightsaber or one from the 12"
line depending on the scale.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
A 3 3/4" would be absolutely the best, but this McFarlane seems to have it all already. I've NEVER tried to customise anything and I Have all the artistic skills of a Bantha, so simple seemed best. As far as I know, this figure would be near enough unleashed size.

Any practised customisers out there wiling to give it a shot, for my undying gratitude, covering of your costs and above all, to save an innocent figure from my clumsy hands ??

Jedi 1073

New Recruit
If the figure is unleashed scale i would just hunt around for a lightsaber on ebay or something. Or you can make one by using the clear trees from a model kit and paint it with transparent color paint, to build the hilt take a slightly wider piece
paint it whatever color you want and glue it with super glue. That would be the easiest method i can think of, and just leave the figure the way it is.

Yoda Man

New Recruit
Well, If you can find the right Toys R Us like I did, you could probably get an original unleashed figure for around $2.00.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
What? What? Dang man, no such luck round here!

My only options for unleashed are online, and they tend to work out around $30 or more each, with shipping etc. Lucky you, Yoda Man!

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
ok... back on topic ......

@jedidaxter ... i have the figure you sent as well as the gun you would like to add. there is little room in this bubble for the gun other thna on the right side. this is certainly doable but it won't be very visible. it will be this weekend before i can even start on it, so there's still time to think about other options.

i will be using the designs that i suggest in Post #15 unless i hear differently from you.

also, i will not be attempting to cut the "J" hook out of this card. here are the options that i offer ...

1. leave the "J" hook white against the black background.
2. do not include any indication of a "J" hook
3. show an unpunched "J" hook (this would just be a beveled outline of a "J" hook which would show any part of the image that would be cut out.

JediDaxter

Am I lovable? Hope so.
I like the unpunched J hook look. Even if you tape the gun the the cardback, that would be fine for me. Thanks alot for helping me. I should have the giveaway set to go in 2-3 days. I'll send you more info to place on the main page. To all who read this, it will be a 'BothanSpy Forum Member Only' giveaway, so stay tuned.

David
http://www.geocities.com/fc2bs/index.html