Local Round-Up

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
Thanks...

I also have some friends looking in other parts of the island. I think I wait a while. The same thing happened to me with the McQuarrie Stormtropper. Luckyly I found one, but it took me a few weeks. :) I let you know. Thanks again.

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
Update on the McQuarrie Chewie Hunt: I found one in Amazon.com @ $6.99. Think they still have a few over there along with the Galactic Hunt McQuarrie Chewie with the Golden Coin ($21.00).

And since I also order a few other figues (the 2 new Cantina Aliens, Jedi Luke, Umpass-Stay) I got free shipping. :)

Also they have the new animated debut Boba Fett but @ 12.99. Sometimes they put them at 6.99.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I'm working at Target noow, and am working in a new store that hasn't opened yet. We've just started filling the shelves, and all the SW toya re out already. Mostly Umpass-Stay waves, but there are about 8 Gold figures just sitting on the shelves staring at me. :p They are all Airborne Troopers and McChewies (whihc I happily found last week at the old store)....but there is one Golden Animated Fett in the mix just sitting there. Hopefully I can snag it the day the store opens (Oct 9)...but I kind of doubt it. There are a fair umber of collectors in this town. Not to mention....when I wsa at the olds tore last night I saw that someone had ripped open a Gold Trooper just to steal the coin. :(

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
Got the McQuarrie Chewie today from Amazon.com and when I opened the box saw a little dent in the bubble. :( But then I noticed that the figure has a GOLDEN COIN!!!!! :)

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
Went to the local Walmart today and found the R4-M6 figure. Now I have the complete Walmart wave. :)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Local Walmart had a new wave of vehicles and teh 2008 Fan's Choice clone troopers!

I picked up an AT-AP! Very cool. Small in scale compared to how big it should be, but still lots of fun. I wish they'd shown it in action in the movies. Apparently it is (in SW reality) supposed to walk on 2 legs, just like and AT-ST. The third leg is used only in uneven terrain where it needs teh extra support. It also provides more stability as a cannon platform.

Anyway, the AT_AP came one to a case along with a Grievous FIghter, Blue Obi-Wan ROTS fighter, and Green Anakin ROTS fighter. There was a 5th vehicle in the case that I can't remember but is more common.

As for figures, I picked up:
Shadow Stormtrooper
Commander Neyo
Covert Ops Trooper
Utapau Shadow Trooper
Zev Senesca (I didn't pick up this one as I already had him loose from the Snowspeeder).

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
Nice...

I got yesterday the AT-AP and Grievous FIghter from Hasbrotoysshop.com. Also got this week the Fett legacy, Sith Legacy and the Unleashed Secret Apprentice Evolutions sets. Even with the shipping and handling they were cheaper that any of the store here. Also I had a $10 discount coupon. :)

I went to Walmart and KB toys and nothing new. :(

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
Found the Last Fan Favorite wave in KB Toys. Well, they only had 4 of them since I couldn't find Zev. I only got Commander Neyo since already got the other ones.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
In other news.....all the Hasbro SW clearance at Target went 75% off
today at my store. That means peg warmer figures are $1.66, Order 66 is
$2.48, and should you be lucky enough.....Rancors are $9.98!

I'm down here in the States for another week and I'm soaking up the deals. I haven't seen so many high class new releases in one place at one time. Its a gold mine!

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
and the locals dont think much of it, no doubt.

Imagine being acros the atlantic, where pratically nothing can be found locally!

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
Found the ToyRUs Exclusive Daggee Squadron B-Wing Fighter. :)

Now I have enough fighters to take over the neighbor's apt. I need a place to park my new Falcon!! :p

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Here's a local update of items I've spotted:

Target: Clone Wars wave 2: Ahsoka, Cody, Super Battle Droid, Oddball. Comic Packs: Cade & Talon, Imperial Knights, Fenn Shysa & Leia, and Tobbi Dala & Dengar

TRU: Lars Homestead, Dagger B-Wing, Galactic Heroes Rancor & AT-RT sets

Walmart: TFU 3-packs (only at one of the three Walmarts in town)

Anakin's Custom Jedi Starfights is also readily available, but no blue AAT spotted yet.

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
Today I got the Lars Homestead and Fenn Shysa & Leia, and Tobbi Dala & Dengar comic paks!

I saw the Galactic Heroes Rancor.

TRU also had the Hoth Patrol and the Clone Patrols.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
One of the department store chains here in New Zealand has some new Star Wars items.

They have two wall clocks - one with the Clone Wars movie characters behind the hands, and the other with the Episode III Obi-Wan vs Anakin lightsabre battle. These are just cheapo clocks and look plasticky.

They also have some new keychains that are Clone Wars movie figures, slightly smaller then the normal Hasbro ones and not quite as well modelled. The first wave is Captain Rex, Anakin, General Grievous. The back of the box says the next wave is Yoda, Obi-Wan and one other I can't recall.

I didn't buy any of these though, but instead picked up four new Titanium Vehicles with 20% off: Blizzard Force Speeder Bike, Shadow AT-AT, "Imperial" V-wing Starfighter (isn't that a Republic ship??), and AT-ST. I also nearly bought the Adam West Batman tele-movie on DVD with free Batlight minitorch. :)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Spotted a new wave of Comic 2-packs at Toys R Us the other night:

Grand Admiral Thrawn and Talon Kaarde
Darth Vader and Grand Moff Trachta
Prince Xizor and Princess Leia
(also in that wave but not present was ROTJ Infinities Leia and white armored Vader)

I picked up Thrawn...both figures in that pack are very well done...with good likenesses.

Trachta also looked good...although I'm not too interested in another Vader.

Xizor looked decent....I'll have to inspect one up close to form an opinion. Leia looked horrible online, and even worse in person. It didn't help that she had a crappy paint job in this pack. :( Very disappointed in this one.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
To follow up on the Leia/Xizor pack, I finally picked one up and found a decent paint job. Still not too happy with this figure, but I found one that wasn't horrible. :p

Anyway, local Walmarts and Targets seem to be getting the Borsk/Wedge, Ki-Adi-Mundi/Sharad Hett, and Luke/Deena waves. Also getting more shipments of Luke/CLone Emperor, Quinlan/Commander Faie and others.

My Target finally got authorization to mark down the Sarlacc/Christophsis sets on clearance to $38. I've heard other stores began marking these down maybe a month ago.

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
Went this week to the local Walmart and got the Spacetrooper, the Jawa and Ben Kenobi from the ANH wave. And today got the Scramble at Yavin and the Clone Wars Jabba Sets at K-Mart. :)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
So today I had to go into work for a meeting, and decided to do a small toy run afterwards.

At Toys R Us I was surprised to find one of the exclusive Slave I/Jedi Starfighter mega-featuring the two vehicles and 5 figures. Looks pretty awesome (saw one loose at CV). The price is $109.99.......not so awesome. I think the sign at CV suggested i would be $100. Oh well.....I'm sure between sales or coupons...I can snag it for closer to $80-85 one day. Considering you get a starfighter ($25) and 5 figures ($37)..your looking at a retail of $65 for that part of the package alone. Still, while $100 for a BAT-AT seems reasonable, the same price for tihs feels more like TRU gouging you. I guess we'll have to see how cheap this one can go.

I also stopped at two Wallys in search of Jabba....but no luck. However, they both had several chase foil Vintage figures. By several, I mean one Wally had 10-11 and the other had 5-6. I was under the impression these were chase....as in....every other case might have one. It looks almost like each store got a case of nothing but foils.

At one store I snagged:

Vader
Luke
Han
Greivous Bodyguard
Clone Trooper
Cody

(they had 2 each of Luke, Han, Cody, Vader....some damaged....as well as an Obi-Wan I passed on due to damage.)

The other store had some of the same, along with a foild Obi-Wan in good condition and a Boba Fett.

The first store also had quite a few non-foil Prequel and Vintage figs (and the ANH carded sandtrooper).

Warren