Links to Subforums on the forum homepage

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
This is a small, simple change I made, but it's worth mentioning. A while back, we re-organized the forum so that more stuff was kept in subforums. To make those easier to get to, I've put a link (where applicable) under the main forum link. Basically, it will save you one click, if you know where you're going.

For example:

There's a forum on the forum home page called "Site Announcements". Right below it is some text that says "Site News, New Members, Suggestions". Clicking on "site news" takes you directly to the site news subforum. Etc, etc.

Ask if this doesn't make sense.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Woohoo! Very nice. :D I'd thought about suggesting this, but then I forgot. Or decided it would be too much effort. :p Either way, I likes it.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, it was no effort at all. It just hadn't occurred to me before today to do it.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I did make the suggestion back when the changes were first made ... sort of. :)

Now all we need is some way to know which sub-forum actually has the new messages in it, like it used to. Although I've now pretty much got used to going to the "Post since your last visit" link at the top of the page link at the top of the page. (By the way, I keep meaning to report that grammatically there's an 's' missing on the first word of that link - "Posts since ...", although if there's only 1 new message I guess it is technically correct.)

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Superb idea and very well executed.

Personally I use the 'posts since last visit' link mostly, but once in a while delve into the subforums too, so its cool to have multiple options for finding stuff.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, the posts since your last visit (or posts in the last 24 hours) is the best way to go. I think having the links to the subforums is more useful when you want to post a new topic.
Buzz Bumble said:
I did make the suggestion back when the changes were first made ... sort of.
I must not have seen it or perhaps didn't understand what you had in mind.
Buzz Bumble said:
all we need is some way to know which sub-forum actually has the new messages in it
This might be something I can add later. I have bigger fish to fry at the moment.