Limited Royal Guard Hallmark Ornament

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Just thought I'd give everyone a head's up. This year's Hallmark Ornament Premiere is this coming Saturday, July 12. In addition to the known SW ornaments, there is a surprise Limited Addition ornament available only at Hallmark stores, beginning on Saturday.

It is an Emperor's Royal Guard, and it will cost $15. These ornaments are likely to sell out Saturday morning....and stores may not get any more in. Last year's limited Tusken Raider ornament was sold out by the time I got to a store on Sunday. I lucked out and asked if they could take my name down and hold one for me when it came in.....which luckily for me they got at least one more in the next week.

Anyone hoping to get this....I would recommend going to you local hallmark saturday when they open. These ornament will not be rare or valuable by an by means....but they will not be readily available after Saturday.

ko_lq_17.jpg

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Very cool! How tall is it? same as a regular action figure?? if so these would make great guards for dioramas as the Hasbro ones can't position their arms right top hold the force pike. :(

RYAN-J :D

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
They should be about 4-4.5" tall, like most other SW ornaments. This will make them slightly bigger than figures. Depending on how big, they might look okay. Last years R2 & Jawa ornament will be a permanent part of my Sandcrawler diorama one day.

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Those look super awesome Warren! :eek: I knew they would look good in a Diorama! :D

RYAN-J :D

Stevetrooper

Galactic Groundpounder
Wow it's almost the perfect size! Except for being a little too dark of red, it actually looks better than the figures! p.s. you almost had me fooled with that mirror. Nice collection of army builders though. Kudos.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Well....I did the annual Hallmark run...hitting Books A Million, then the
Hallmark store, then the Hallmark in the mall. It took all three to
get the ornaments I needed (all Star Wars and Star Trek ornaments, plus
Indiana Jones, Space Ghost, and Jack Sparrow for good measure).

This year I learned something from an employee....BAMM marks down their ornaments as such:
Anything originally under $20....is marked down to $5. Anything over
$20 is now $10. This is pretty obvious, but I never knew the exact breakdown.

I also had a surprise this year....BAMM kept their leftover ornaments
from last year...and this year they were all $2! Not many leftover, but
I did snag last years Wrath of Khan bridge diorama ornament, another Jack
Sparrow, and Batman's Villain Database for only $2 each! There are few
things better than snagging a $32 ornament for $2. Helps make up for
the three hours wasted drivinga round town and waiting in line, fending
off crowds to obtain these ornaments at half price or less.

Warren