Jay Benedict (Deak)

Chewie

The Mighty Wookiee
Hey all!

His has always seemed like a rather hard autograph to get - so I took the liberty of emailing his talent agency (Just Voices Agency) and today I got a reply from a secretary who said that they would mail me a signed photo of his. :) Just wanted to let you guys know if you wanted to try the same process. If you want him to sign something Star Wars related I assume you can send it to the agency address. As far as I know there have been little to no successes for him so I'm really happy!!:D I'll post when it comes in the mail! Good Luck!!

Jay Benedict played Deak in the ANH cut-scenes also with Anthony Forrest as Fixer, Koo Stark as Camie, and Garrick Hagon as Biggs.:cool:

Jay

New Recruit
Sounds great Chewie! Be sure to post the address. I've never seen a photo of him from the cut scenes anywhere -would be a real treat.

Chewie

The Mighty Wookiee
This is the agency address, so in theory it will work sending something here:

c/o Just Voices Agency
140 Buckingham Palace Road
London SW1W 9SA
United Kingdom

I will be sure to post here once I receive the autograph.:cool:

Chewie

The Mighty Wookiee
Yeah I haven't been able to find any good pics... there's a nice one with Luke, Camie, Biggs, and Fixer but no Deak... hmmm I can probably email J.W. Rinzler at LucasBooks though... he outghta come up with something good.:D

Chewie

The Mighty Wookiee
I contacted Jonathan Rinzler, head of LucasBooks, about photos of Deak and this is what he said:

Check out the LucasArts CD Behind the Magic; there is a picture, it may be the whole scene, in Tosche Station; Deak is one of the figures in the background playing a game, but you don’t get a good look at him.

So I assume we won't be able to find all that great of a photo for him.:( However this one of the pictures he is talking about.

Deak.jpg

On the #109 of the 30th Anniersary trading card set,it could be Deak on the background.This one is good for TTM:)

Chewie

The Mighty Wookiee
They never did send me the autograph. I was rather irritated with the agency, because after not receiving anything for four months, I contacted them back and asked about it. They told me that the individual who sent me the e-mail had resigned and they didn't have the faintest idea what I was talking about... :mad:

Chewie

The Mighty Wookiee
Hey guys!

I know it's been a LONG time since you've heard from me. I've kind of fell out of the Star Wars autograph hunting game and have focused on other areas sporadically. It's certainly good to be back for awhile though. As promised, I said I would post when I heard from Jay Benedict. Well... I had completely given up hope, when out of nowhere, his 8x10 arrived in my mailbox today, almost four years after initially contacting him and going through the whole management fiasco. I would have never known who it was at all had he not resent the photo to me in the same envelope his management sent it to him in. (I ripped off my address that he had taped on, to find his underneath it.)

I was quite astounded, to say the least!

Maybe he will reply to fan mail after all... For anyone interested, this is the address that was written on the envelope, underneath mine:

{Address removed}

I recommend sending directly here as opposed to enduring a four year wait from his agency. I have no idea if he's even associated with them anymore anyway. :rolleyes:

Anywho, just wanted to share with you guys, because I thought it was pretty crazy!

-Chewie

MKB

New Recruit
Hi ... I'm Jay's friend and I maintain his website, and found this forum during a regular internet trawl.

Jay is always happy to hear from Star Wars fans and sign autographs but PLEASE would you remove his home address from this page - it's an open forum - anyone can read it ... I know it's not hard to find anyway if you're determined, but there's no need to make it quite so easy for the Froot Loops ... Thank you.

He is best approached via his website: http://jbenedict.wordpress.com/

Just click on the 'email us' tab - or leave a comment on his Guest Book and either he or I will answer you.

Chewie

The Mighty Wookiee
Can an admin help me out here? I'm no longer able to edit my posting.

I'm terribly sorry for any inconvenience! Please thank Mr. Benedict for kindly responding to my request. :)

The address will be removed as soon as someone can edit it. (y)

MKB

New Recruit
Hello again Chewie ... That's okay. No great harm done, I think - but it's better off gone, when ONE of us manages to attract the attention of an Admin. Maybe a megaphone? Rocks through the window? :sneaky:

I've passed your message on to Jay.

M.