Jawa Sandcrawler

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
I'm not sure if this will be news to anyone else, but it was to me.... I also don't know that this will be the actual price, but they are listing the Sandcrawler at $30.

Attachments

• 041704.crawler.jpg
    041704.crawler.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 255

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
$30 sounds reasonable to me. A little too reasonable. Then again, the Gunship started at $40, then came down to $30. High ticket items don't sell. Then again (again), they're putting out another Falcon, which will almost certainly be $50.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
i was expecting something closer to the price of the shuttle, minus the FAO factor. The prices i had seen were around $75-$80.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
That sounds like a bit much for a box on wheels. ;) I haven't heard anything about the new one being remote control, or even electronic. It's been maybe 12 years since I've seen a Sandcrawler in person. They're nice, but not really all that big. The action features consist of doors that open, and, as a bonus, you can close them too. :D

Barada

Saboteur
When news first broke about this a year or so ago, I seem to remember $100 as the price point being tossed around.

Barada

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
the rumor started over at TPU (UK site) and although it may be that it was cancelled in the UK, it seems unlikely that it would be cancelled in the U.S. after being reported on in the Insider. I could be wrong and it is interesting that it was removed from the cargo bay (which is why i included that image in my first post).

Carbonite Jawa

New Recruit
Hey Amshak
They probably removed it from the Cargo Bay because they are going to rethink the price. After all it did say 29.99 retail. I agree with you that why would they announce it in the Insider only to cancel it a little while later. Not to mention with the DVD coming out in Sept. and all the original trilogy stuff on the way it would only make sense that Hasbro should be picking up momentum not losing it. Well, thats my opinion on the subject but you know what they say about opinions HA HA

Nightwing

New Recruit
AmShak said:
the rumor started over at TPU (UK site) and although it may be that it was cancelled in the UK, it seems unlikely that it would be cancelled in the U.S.
R2Dtoys have it at roughly a pound for a dollar conversion rate

Carbonite Jawa

New Recruit
Sandcrawler gets a call from the Governor...

For those of you out there interested in the sandcrawler it has just been announced that Diamond Comics will carry the Jawa Sandcrawler that was originally supposed to be carried by Target. It will come with the 2 Jawas and the RA -7 droid. John's Toys has it for preorder for $49.95. It will be released in the fall of 2004. :shot: