Barada

Saboteur
The sequel to the Rancor Pit is on the way.....​

Stay tuned for:

051504.rancor.jpg
Barada

Barada

Saboteur
Beginning tomorrow, May 17th, Rancor Pit 2 will begin.

The rules will be essentially the same as the last time, except this time the battle will be between every 12" figure ever made by Kenner/Hasbro. This will be on a smaller scale than the last version, as there are 178 entrants, compared to well over 700 in Rancor Pit 1 when 3 3/4" figures were involved.

For Round 1, every single 12" figure made (with the exception of Marmit, Kotobukiya, and Applause - they are not Kenner/Hasbro, and appeal to a more limited market) will be randomly drawn into a one on one match with another one. There will be a poll to determine the winner, and for the first round at least, each poll will last 48 hours.

Round 1 will therefore consist of 89 matchups, of which 20 will be posted every two days or so. Round 2 will have 44 matchups with one bye. Round 3 will have 22 matchups with another bye. Round 4 will then have 11 matchups with a final bye. This will leave 12 figures going into Round 5. As with the last time, the 11 losers of Round 4 will be given a second chance, in one 11 participant Battle Royale, in which the top four vote-getters will be allowed to re-enter the tournament. Round 5 will then have 16 participants. Round 6 will be the Quarter-Finals with 8, and Round 7 will be the Semi-Finals with 4 participants. Round 8 will be the end, with a week-long Final, showcasing a head to head battle between the last two figures.

Tiebreakers will be determined in the same way also. If at the close of a poll the two contestants are tied, it will go to the figure that had the most support in the form of replies to the thread. If it is still tied after this, then I will have the final say. This will be the only time I would interfere with the results, as I will not even cast a vote otherwise. This way, I would not have used a vote, and if needed, I will have the deciding one.

There will be no variants included, except in the instance they were packaged as such (ie. Sandtroopers with different colored shoulder pauldrons). Beasts will again be included, but this will only mean the addition of 5 more figures.

If anyone would like clarification, feel free to check out the first version of Rancor Pit, here.

This should be a bit of a tougher one to decide. For example, many characters, such as Royal Guards, will have only one chance, since only one 12" version has been released of them.

We'll have to see if it ends up the same as Rancor Pit 1 as far as the Finals is concerned. Last time, vintage Boba Fett won it with a victory over a modern Leia Slave figure. Do the 12" versions of Leia and Fett have enough support to get them there again?

What do you all think will be the result this time?

Barada