Is there Aussie conventions ?

Aus-wan Kenobi

New Recruit
Hi all,
I see that all over the world there are Star Wars conventions. I assume there are some here in Australia but I have never heard of them. We have trade fairs or swap meets, but they are quite small but you can still get a bargain. I am interested in what happens at these conventions and if anyone knows if there will be one in Aust. sometime soon if at all.

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
There is various Sci Fi Conventions here in Australia, you just have to be lucky living close to them. There was a SW con in Brisbane a while back but i never got to it. From memory it was a three day con and Jeremy Bulloch and Kenny Baker was there.

There was the Supernova con in Sydney (just gone in May) and Brisbane (Sept 18-19) . Awesome convention in Brissy last year, David Prowse and Peter Mayhew was there. try Supernova's website for details. I'll keep a look out for more for you and post it here, seeing we are getting more Aussies here......

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
Found this on Mousedroid.com website. Hope it helps..

SKYFORCE IN MELBOURNE

Star Walking, the Star Wars Appreciation Society of Australia, are having their Melbourne Skyforce Meeting on this Saturday. At this meeting we will be auctioning off a 'Mystery Box' during the auction. Proceeds from the 'Mystery Box' will go towards funding next year's convention, 'Force IV: The 4th National Star Wars Saga Convention of Australia'.

Date: Saturday July 10th, 2004
Time: 1pm to 5pm
50 The Avenue, Parkville (Melway Ref: 43 F1 )
Entrance Fees: $5.00 Members, $7.00 Non-members

FRIENDS OF SCIENCE FICTION MEETING

Friends of Science Fiction are having their monthly meeting this weekend monthly. The Group meeting catering for fans of Science Fiction and Fantasy including Stargate, Angel Enterprise, Smallville, Farscape and anything new on the horizon. Join them for an extensive video program on the big screen in the main auditorium plus gaming galore.

Date: Sunday July 11th, 2004
Time: 10am to 7pm
24 John Street, Lidcombe (opposite Railway Station)
Entrance Fees: $10 Members, $15 Non-members

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
I know how you feel Daniel. I have to travel nearly seven hours to Brisbane for Supernova . And thats only if i can get the time off work to go this time...