In honor of the mods...

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
Well, I just think that ever since I came here a year ago, the mods have been really great at keeping this site together, and managing the news, contests etc. So in honor of them, I think there should be a giveaway sponsored by the members of the forum (yes, me, you and everybody else). If some of us contributed a small prize (like an basic fig or something), we could have a little raffle prize pool for the mods. I feel that since they are so ineligible to win things on the best star wars forum ever, when they put in the most time and effort into it, we need to give something back to them.

Anybody think this is a good idea? If not, what is another way to thank and honor the administrative board of TBS?

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
Gimme a high cuality scanner, a high cuality printer, some cotton bond paper, and I can arrange that:p

We put the C in Cuality

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Hah. I'm honored CC. :)

BTW, in regards to your suggestion, I'm not in a position to contribute a gift, since I live in the middle of nowhere ( a 35 min drive from a Walmart that's gotten two cases of new figures since last Christmas, and an hour drive from other stores)

(I swear to god, they have a wall of Saga figures with a layer of dust on them. Maybe I should start leaving subliminal "Clearance me" messages written in the dust)

However, I think it's nice gesture to the mods, and I could probably spare a few $$ via paypal towards the cause. (I'm broke :(

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
What im now thinking is......we should get some online sw dealer like fed toys, r2dtoys, etc to sponsor it if possible. I dont know how we could manage that one.

Originally posted by CoruscantCosta
Anybody think this is a good idea? If not, what is another way to thank and honor the administrative board of TBS?

I think its a great idea. I'll leave the organizational aspects to somebody else.

:p

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
I "think" i can speak for all of the staff here at TBS that just the fact that this is a topic is appreciation enough.

No one here does any of this for a reward other than being a part of something that is just an extension of their hobby and/or a love of the movies.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
I reckon this is a great idea. The moderators have done a lot to help out the members and must have to put up with some 'stick' from time to time.

If some of the usual site sponsors wanted to put up a moderators prize, that would be great.

Failing that, we could have a 'whip round' among the members.

What about a 'virtual prize' maybe, like jpg artwork or rare mpegs and whatnot? Surely between all the members here we have some hard to find bits and peices. A virtual prize like this could go to all the moderators.

Maybe its not the rarest thing ever, but I do have a copy of the cartoon from the Holiday Special that could be thrown into the pot.

Originally posted by AmShak
I "think" i can speak for all of the staff here at TBS that just the fact that this is a topic is appreciation enough.

No one here does any of this for a reward other than being a part of something that is just an extension of their hobby and/or a love of the movies.

For his humble modesty and striking good looks AmShak wins the life size Millenium Falcon Made out of smores by Coruscant Costa.
:hello: :laugh: :hello: :wave: :wavey: :rockon:

(PS Party at AmShaks.;) )

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
Now i'm sure we don't all talk like that CC ;) .....however i'm in for the trip to Skywalker if you can swing by and pick me up......:D...lol