Halloween Costume Idea Needed

Alf

Agent
I'm looking for suggestions for a female costume .. ( Yeah I'm a Girl :p )

Something tasteful I could wear to work (ex: no masks, not too horrifying or too revealing)

I've already been : SNL Spartan Cheerleader, Hippie, Goth Chick, Grandma, Grim Reaper, League Bowler, Power Puff Girl, Doctor and a shirt that said "COSTUME".

Thanks

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Those were some good costume ideas. The obvious choice you haven't done is a vampire. All that requires is some fangs, and whatever clothing you deem appropriate.

Trying to think of other costumes my friends have done. Get a hot pink wig and dress up as Jem (not sure if you're into the 80's cartoon thing or not), a witch (either traditional or Harry Potter-ish), Princess Leia (ala white outfit and ear-muffs), Bride of Frankenstein (perhaps a little over the top), Morticia Addams, Cleopatra, ummmm......running out of viable ideas.

Unless you have a silver wetsuit, Lara Croft is out of the picture, but if you can find a fedora you could go as Indiana Jones. You could also aim for any number of Lord of the Rings characters.

I can't remember the quote from Addams Family, so I'll just wing it. You could go as a sociopathic killer (they look just like everyone else) ;)

Well, that's all I've got off the top of my head.

After staring at Buzz's disturbing avatar for a while now, you could make yourslef a cowl and a spear and go as a shorn ewok. But keep the ears. :D

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Flavor Flav?

p02824sn84t.jpg

Alf

Agent
I was thinking about dressing up as Snow White. I'll have to see how expensive the costumes are at the mall.

mynock11

Sith Medic
I asume you 2 know each other where in NY are you from im from rochester. i dress in all black and have a scary driveway at my brother-in-laws house to scare trick or treaters. i work behind the scenes running the fog machines and props....so i dont have a costume anymore since i made a 7 foot grim reaper out of it... if you live in the rochester area of NY come on by and check it out and you could always go as a scared trick or treater.....lol

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
mynock11 said:
I asume you 2 know each other where in NY are you from im from rochester. i dress in all black and have a scary driveway at my brother-in-laws house to scare trick or treaters. i work behind the scenes running the fog machines and props....so i dont have a costume anymore since i made a 7 foot grim reaper out of it... if you live in the rochester area of NY come on by and check it out and you could always go as a scared trick or treater.....lol

Hey Mynock,
Alf & I are sisters. We live near Rochester, about an hour or so away, out in the sticks.

I'm thinking about dressing up as Velma from Scooby Doo...but I say that every year and I have yet to do it. ;)

mynock11

Sith Medic
Thats awsome to hear 2 sisters that both like Sw and go to and moderate forums... awsome! hey if your out near henrietta in rochester check out the dead end on finucane rd that is where the haunted driveway is....be sure to yell out that its you so i can meet ya before i scare youy away.....lol Will

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Well, I finally broke down and bought a Velma costume. I just have to practice saying "Jinkies!" and losing my glasses. Remind me to post pics after Halloween. :D

Alf

Agent
I'm going to be Arwen from Lord of The Rings. We had to go to several stores to get everything I needed.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Ooh...Arwen is a good choice. I can imagine it's a hard costume to put together though, finding all the right stuff.

A friend of a friend attended my friend's costume party :p last year as Velma. The costume looked really nice. Can't go wrong with it.

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Yeah it was hard to find everything for Alf's Arwen costume. First we found the dress at the costume place, then we had to look for the wig since they were out of black wigs, and they were out of her necklace. We found a black fairy wig at Hot Topic, but still no necklace. We went to all those teenybopper jewelry stores like Claire's and The Icing, and they didn't have it. We went to Spencer's Gifts and the salesguy said to try this store in another plaza that sold collectible LOTR swords, no luck there either. So finally we went to a different mall that had the same costume shop and they had the necklace, whoo hoo! She still doesn't have any shoes though. I think sneakers would be fine because Alf has to stand for 8 hours at work, and the dress is long anyway. ;)