Galactic heroes

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
More recent additions:

16495449d615850.jpg

Super Battle Droid & Luminara Unduli, Dwarf Spider Droid & Clone Trooper, Jar Jar Binks & Padme Amidala.

16495449d799392.jpg

Newly added Pit of Carkoon & Dagobah X-Wing sets.

16495449d6799f7.jpg

Most of my Galactic Heroes.

General_V

New Recruit
Pardon my "newbish" reply, wookie_cookie, but I'm new here, and all I can say is, "Dannnnnng, yo, you have one massive collection! I wish I had all those."

I already had the Millenium Falcon when it came out for the Playskool/Fisher Price vehicles collection set, and I still have it.

I didn't know you and DS were together. Thats gotta be awsome to both have the same collecting interests.

Back to my point, I saw a do it yourself show on TV where they cut a hole to the attic and installed a folding staircase like you see in horror movies. They are small, fit between the beams, are easy to install and cheap. After that, a few sheets of plywood for flooring and drywall later and you have a comfortable large room which was only wasted space.

Turning that wasted space into a collection display/hang out room not only saved fantastic items from being boxed up or sold, it increases the value of the home.

Whatever you spend on materials is well worth the gain and whats the point of collecting if its all boxed up and never seen.

Use your imagination and think of what a room you design can look like.

This reply had the ability to be an interesting thread imo. :)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Unfortunately our house doesnt' have an attic....it's a small cabin with a vaulted ceiling in the living room...which is virtually the entire house. It's a great idea though. My friend George has an attic in his parents house where much of his collection is stored, along with his mom's doll collection. Unfortunately it's more of a storehouse than a display, but possibilities of such a room are great.

We have the computer room devoted to Star Wars. While it has a number of permamnent displays, we also rotate out portions of it so we can see more of our collections. One day, somewhere, I hope to just build a separate building to house the SW collection. I'd love to have more large battle dioramas. Right now, I have a double-bed that holds various displays on rotation (Hoth, Hangar Bay, Geonosis, Kashyyyk, etc).

Warren

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I saw a new Hasbro Star Wars board game at the shops here yesterday. It was a Star Wars-ised version of Guess Who?. There's actually two versions: one using character photos from the movies (I can't recall what this one is called) and this Guess Who? version that uses cartoony images of the Galactic Heroes characters which costs NZ$50 (approx. US$35). Something else to add to your Galactic Heroes collection ... if you haven't already got it. :)

SW%20Guess%20Who.jpg

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
I almost asked for that for Christmas, but then I read the reviews and the board is made quite cheaply, and the carboard faces fall out of the slots, and the tiles don't flip open easily. :mad: If it was made better I would like one!!

For Christmas Darth Skellington got me two GH cinema scenes, the Slave I with Boba Fett and Snowspeeder with Dack, Luke and a Probe Droid. So cute!!!

Buzz Bumble;85997 said:
I saw a new Hasbro Star Wars board game at the shops here yesterday. It was a Star Wars-ised version of Guess Who?. There's actually two versions: one using character photos from the movies (I can't recall what this one is called) and this Guess Who? version that uses cartoony images of the Galactic Heroes characters which costs NZ$50 (approx. US$35). Something else to add to your Galactic Heroes collection ... if you haven't already got it. :)

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I saw quite a few boxes of two new Galactic Heroes sets at the local KMart here in New Zealand - the Geonosis Battle Arena and Escape From Mos Eisley. They didn't have price stickers on them, but the customer scanner said they were NZ$14 (about US$9.75). That's very cheap considering the normal two-figure packs are priced at NZ$10 ... looks like a hiccup in their system and someone forgot to put the KMart barcode price sticker over the Hasbro one. It's a pity I haven't been collecting these. Maybe I should quickly buy them all before they realise the mistake and sell them on the local auction website for twice that. ;)

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
darthskellington;86318 said:
That's a steal...those retail fpr about $23 in the US.

I would get you one of each, but by the time postage is added it'll cost more than your local shop anyway.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I saw the Galactic Heroes AT-AT vehicle in the shops today ... hideously expensive at NZ$100 (approx US$67), and not much better with the 20% off all toys sale they were having ... mind you, I also saw the hardback version of Fate of the Jedi: Backlash which was over half that price as well.

Things are getting ridiculously expensive, and it's only going to get worse with GST (Government Sales Tax) going up another 2.5% later this year. :(

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Thanks for the AT-AT report, and sorry to hear about your rising prices. I just picked up the first FOTJ book in softcover this past week....but I haven't even read Legacy of the Force yet...so it'll be quite a while before I catch up.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Here's a website I stumbled across ...

It has news about Galactic Heroes figures / sets, including a couple of rumours about an Galactic Heroes TV show.

A TV show could be great. I've seen adverts for a show on Cartoon Network here in New Zealand that looks like it's based on the Marvel Heroes figures. :)