forum suggestion

Nightwing

New Recruit
I'm a big trading card collector- not ccg, just regular cards. In fact, I just got SW: Evolution off eBay. Now, we have a ccg forum, but howabout a forum for discussing the Star Wars sets such as the original, chrome archives, widevision, episode I, vehicles, etc.?

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
To be honest, I don't know that much about CCG and card collecting. Is there a way that we can rename that forum to make it more inclusive? Also, instead of creating new "top level" forums, we can divide the exisiting forum into several subforums. Let me know how you'd like it to be broken down exactly and I'll consider it.
such as the original, chrome archives, widevision, episode I, vehicles, etc.
This, for example, would be too detailed to be usable IMO. I think renaming the CCG & RPG forum and perhaps adding 2 or 3 subcategories is plenty.

I like the idea of having specific forums, but I don't want people to have to click through 20 things before they can get to where they want to go. Something to consider at least...

I'd like to hear some more feedback on this from others. And this doesn't apply only to the forum in question; we can redo how some of the other forums are setup too. Check out the trading feedback forum to see a subdivided forum.

Nightwing

New Recruit
well, from the start I alway thought that if a non ccg trading card forum were to be made, it would go in the Games and Miscellaneous Collectibles section.

One of the things about eBay that annoys the hell out of me, is that CCG and non-CCG cards are combined in the same category, with CCG being the majority by far. Would there be any harm in having two subforums in the same forum, thus separating the two?

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Nope. If people *use* it then there's never any harm.

I just wanted to hear some eleboration on it before I spent the time doing it. The only potential problem comes from me not being all that familiar with the subject matter. But I think I have a pretty good idea of what is needed.

Barada

Saboteur
Sounds like an alright idea to me. Maybe it can be divided into gaming cards and non-gaming cards? That should encompass both nicely, without being too specific.

Barada

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Done. If you would like any additional modifications to it, let me know.

Nightwing

New Recruit
Thanks Borsk.

I don't know how much Vader's Obsession is into non-CCG cards, but if he isn't into them, I would be more than willing to moderate the new sub-forum