dustrho's Customs

dustrho

S.C.A.L.P. Wpns Supplier
p1010008.jpg

I tried doing a little weathering and battle damage technique on one of my #41 Clone Troopers, and I think it turned out pretty well. Yeah, it looks really dirty, but this Trooper just got back from kicking some major ass and he even got shot in the chest plate. He's okay though, and should be back in the front lines soon.

p1010012.jpg

I wasn't all that thrilled with my work on the BARC Trooper figure I had done before (it was one of the first figures that I customized), so I went back to it and added more detail to it. I first added a lighter shade of green to the dark green color that was already there, and then I added some brown to make him look a little dirty.

dustrho

S.C.A.L.P. Wpns Supplier
p6220008.jpg
p6220002.jpg

I was able to finish up yet another Clone Commander and a Clone Trooper this evening. The Clone Commander was painted yellow but had a weathered look added to it, and the Clone Trooper was painted a light brown color. I'm not too thrilled with the light brown Clone Trooper, but I'm really digging the weathered Clone Commander.

dustrho

S.C.A.L.P. Wpns Supplier
Darth Boru said:
Do you have a pic of all the customs together? I bet they'd look great in a Diorama.

Actually, I do have them all together in two separate shelves, but I haven't taken a picture of them yet. I've been contemplating about re-arranging some of my collection, so that it's consolidated a bit better. I'll share a pic with everyone once I have one to share. :)

dustrho

S.C.A.L.P. Wpns Supplier
p6250052.jpg

Spent about two hours tonight working on my first attempt at the Snow Trooper from Revenge of the Sith, and I think it turned out pretty good. I used a standard POTF2 Snow Trooper figure, and used a maroon and gray paint scheme as seen in the film. Check out the pictures of it here.

dustrho

S.C.A.L.P. Wpns Supplier
p7040052.jpg

First up is my super articulated Snowtrooper from the battle of Mygeeto (ROTS). The maroon color is almost identical to the maroon on the Commander Bacara figure. I used a Clone Commander figure for the body and a Saga/OTC Snowtrooper head and backpack.

p7040068.jpg

Next up is my Desert Clone Trooper, which is the closest a Clone Trooper has looked to the standard Sandtrooper of the Imperial Army. I used a #41 Clone Trooper for the body, a Clone Commander pauldron, and a POTF2 Sandtrooper backpack for the backpack. This trooper's job is to help try to find Obi-Wan Kenobi, since the Desert Sniper failed his mission.

dustrho

S.C.A.L.P. Wpns Supplier
p8200063.jpg

Desert Clone Trooper 3-pack
Just finished working on what I call the Desert Clone Trooper 3-pack. I took one of the new ROTS Clone Trooper 3-packs (army-builder), gave them a new paint scheme (to look like they've been fighting on Tatooine or Geonosis), and then I sealed them back up on their cardback. I thought the results turned out quite nicely. Check out the pictures of this carded 3-pack here.

dustrho

S.C.A.L.P. Wpns Supplier
Not to get too off topic here, but I've done some counting of my soldiers, and here's what I've come up with so far...

#06 Clone Trooper = x27
#06 Shock Troope = x5
#33 Clone Commander = x23
#34 Clone Pilot = x7
#38 AT-TE Gunner = 7
#41 Clone Trooper = x41 (how ironic is that!)
#49 Commander Bacara =x1
#54 AT-RT Driver = x3
AT-RT w/ Driver = x1
Jet-Pack Clone Trooper = x2
Target Clone Trooper = x1

I seriously think I will be selling off a lot of my stuff, only because I just don't have the room for them all.

dustrho

S.C.A.L.P. Wpns Supplier
p8270078.jpg

Just finished a really quick custom, if you can even call it a custom. I took an older Darth Vader from the POTF2 line, and gave it a quick wash to make it look like he's been on Tatooine for a while. I wrote another little story for it, and I hope you like it. Check it out here.

dustrho

S.C.A.L.P. Wpns Supplier
Darth Aussie said:
Have you found any of the Black Clone pilots Chris? i'm chasing one...

I have a bunch coming to me through separate trades, but I've never seen them in any local stores yet. :banghead: