Displaying CD's

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
I found this at a local Michaels (a craft/framing store for those who have no idea what it is) and although it's not very fancy, i think it looks pretty good with the cd's in it. they sell it for $15 and i think it will be on sale next week for $7.50. if i am mistaken about the frame sale covering this, they always have a coupon in the paper for 40% or 50% off one non-sale item.

100104.cds.jpg

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
it's ready for the cds. it's hard to tell from the pic, but each opening has a grabber that goes in the middle of the cd and a little border that goes around it. as for the cd case, it just fits into the opening .... the frame is made at an angle, so when it hangs on the wall, the bottm part of the frame is slightly further from the wall than the top, which prevents the cd cases from falling out.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
i picked an extra on up for myself today and they are on sale for $7.50, this is assuming you have a michaels near and that they all run the same ad.

Barada

Saboteur
Cool.

We don't have Target (yet), KB, FAO, KMart, or many other stores here in Canada - but we have Michael's. I'll have to check it out.

Barada

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Is that one frame in the picture, or three? Very cool. Too bad I don't have the holo-version of the Jedi soundtrack.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
darthskelington said:
Is that one frame in the picture, or three? Very cool. Too bad I don't have the holo-version of the Jedi soundtrack.
It's one piece with 9 slots for either CDs or cases.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
darthskelington said:

yes, it's one frame. on the packaging, it shows how they can be put together to create a "wall" of cd's. there is nothing on the frame to interlock it with another, you would just have to hang them together. i have 3 (not yet hung) which i plan on hanging one on top of the other to appear as one tall frame, full of sw cd's.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Cool. I had my parents in Oregon grab a couple frames for me (since they don't have to drive an hour to the nearest Michaels) :D

Yoda Man ~ Do you have a used cd shop in your area? If so, check it out. I picked up all my SE cd's used, and was lucky enough to get the deluxe version of ANH and ESB.

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
I got a frame too..now I just have to bribe my dad into putting holes in the walls so I can hang it. And I have to decide which CDs to put in.

Yoda Man

New Recruit
Are the deluxe one's in Amshak's photo the only version with the holo cd's, or are the general SE one like that too.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
The deluxe versions came with a hardcover cd booklet you could slide the cds into. It also had a foil embossed sleeve.

I think the regular ones had non-embossed sleeves, and regular plastic cd cases.

The regular cds have plain images. The ROTJ cds (I have) have just a red Rebel Logo on black. I don't know what's on the regular ANH or Empire--possibly Imperial and Death Star logos.

The first TPM cd wasn't holo. I don't have the 2-cd TPM set, but i don't think it was holo either. Don't have AOTC. I don't think Shadows of the Empire was holo either.

For other display ideas, I think the Fan Club once sold Cantina and Rebo Band singles, which featured artwork of the respective band. I think there was also an Imperial March single on a Darth Vader shaped cd. Nothing super exciting, but this would be a great way to show them off if you own them.